Talk talk you view box

petercpeterc Posts: 1Member
Hi, I have a account with talk talk for phone, broadband, TV. I have recently removed TV from my package and they said I can keep the box. My question is, can I connect the box to the internet without being charged by TT ?

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 137Member ✭✭
    edited 17 March 2019, 4:57PM
    Yes. It works as a "Freeview" box and you get catchup I.e BBC iplayer via the internet.

You have only unsubscribed from the TV offerings that TalkTalk offer such as boosts.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,133Member ✭✭✭
    And any recordings you have made from the Freeview channels will still play, though any you made from TalkTalk boosts won’t.

Technically, YouView boxes can’t be called Freeview boxes, as YouView had to depart from the Freeview spec in order to deliver the initial innovative box.

But it’s getting harder and harder to even slide a cigarette paper between the differences....  :p
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,375Member ✭✭✭
    edited 17 March 2019, 5:03PM
    peterc said:
    Hi, I have a account with talk talk for phone, broadband, TV. I have recently removed TV from my package and they said I can keep the box. My question is, can I connect the box to the internet without being charged by TT ?

Yes.  :)
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 137Member ✭✭
    Hence my use of " "
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,375Member ✭✭✭
    I wasn't commenting on your comment Stevef, and nor did I wish to imply such, so no probs.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,133Member ✭✭✭
    @Visionman

I think that was for my benefit, to clarify that @Stevef_fr8ys was perfectly aware of the cigarette paper  :p
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?