BT box

Nigelp1Nigelp1 Posts: 2Member
I have basic tv box and wish to record tv which it won’t let me do as apparently I need to upgrade. Can I just buy a recordable you view box to work with it ?

Comments

• GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 98Member
    edited 27 March 2019, 5:44PM
    Goodbye. 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,052Member ✭✭✭
    Basic TV on what basis? BT TV subscription, or purchased, or what?
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • Nigelp1Nigelp1 Posts: 2Member
    Roy, it’s the starter tv box
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 98Member
    edited 27 March 2019, 5:45PM
    From me
  • scottscott Posts: 1,947Member ✭✭✭
    edited 27 March 2019, 8:44AM
    Goodbye said:
    I'm guessing your also on the starter package which means your basically paying for freeview. Like I sald  buy a recordable box and put the starter box in your bedroom and make sure you cancel the starter package when its due for renewal.  Canceling will have no effect whatsoever on the boxers. 
    It can be dangerous to just make assumptions. The newer starter package also comes with BT Sport in SD, now this may well not be required but don't just assume it isn't. Some people are happy to pay monthly for access to sports and telling them to just cancel it without checking is not the best idea.
    edited 27 March 2019, 9:43AM
    Nigelp1 said:
    Roy, it’s the starter tv box
    Thanks @Nigelp1, I grasped that.

But what I asked was what was the basis on which you receive services on it; a BT TV subscription, current or lapsed, or did you get it retail, from BT or elsewhere, and so don’t have BT TV on it at all?

Indeed, are you even with BT as your ISP at all?

The working assumption here seems to be that you got the box from BT, who is your ISP, on a BT TV subscription which you still have.

But when I assume, I make an **** of u and me.

So we need to know your service arrangements, as above, before any definitive answers can be given.

@Sarah, @Louise - why does a three-letter synonym for ‘donkey’ get a four-asterisk censoring?
    edited 27 March 2019, 9:45AM
    Goodbye said:
    I'm guessing your also on the starter package which means your basically paying for freeview. Like I sald  buy a recordable box and put the starter box in your bedroom and make sure you cancel the starter package when its due for renewal.  Canceling will have no effect whatsoever on the boxers. 
    Umm... you think @Nigelp1 doesn’t get any of the extra channels and services - sport, movies and such - that BT TV provides?

And you are recommending that he cancels as soon as he can, which will have ‘no effect whatsoever on the boxers’?

Well, I guess they will still be landing the same punches they would anyway, but if he cancels BT TV, he won’t be able to watch them any more  :p

And yes, I know it was just a typo, @Goodbye, but it does rather make my point  :D
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 18Member
    Just a naughty early morning thought but should 'Goodbye' maybe change his name to 'Staying After All'?  :)
    "In the land of the pigs the butcher is king" MeatLoaf
    robotman said:
    Just a naughty early morning thought but should 'Goodbye' maybe change his name to 'Staying After All'?  :)
    He has ‘Pirates of Penzance’ syndrome....