ymv302 error

adamcarvelladamcarvell Posts: 38Member
hi i keep getting this on the bbcnews hd channel only transmitter is the solihull one or near there all cables are ok signal strength isomer 70% on that channel signal quality drops from late 60s to zero ?.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,052Member ✭✭✭
    If your signal quality is less than 100, all bets are off, really, no matter what your signal strength is.

Separate your cables widely; HDMI cables with inferior shielding can inject enormous amounts of noise into aerial cables with similarly inferior shielding, giving high, but illusory, signal strength, but with low signal quality that indicates the problem, and this is what your issue sounds like.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • adamcarvelladamcarvell Posts: 38Member
    are ok so the cables tangled around the back could be causing it ?. you can visibly see signal quality fluctuate up and down but only on bbc news hd.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,052Member ✭✭✭
    are ok so the cables tangled around the back could be causing it ?. you can visibly see signal quality fluctuate up and down but only on bbc news hd.
    And possibly other channels on the same multiplex, COM7, if you look at those?

HDMI interference often hits only one particular multiplex, either because it is hitting on one particular frequency, or because that mux is the weakest,
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
    just checked the Ariel cable going direct into the youview box touches nothing rescanned the box lost lots of channels from 152 down to 127 bbcnews hd being one of them
    seems odd i can get those channels fine on the inbuilt freeviewplay tuner no problem and on my nowtv box tuner and they go through a splitter where as the youview is direct in . just to add the picture don't disappear just the annoying pop up error.