NOW TV Sky Cinema Month Pass

redchizredchiz Posts: 4,837Member ✭✭✭
I see that this going up next month from £9.99 to £11.99, quite a hike.

On a brighter note I notice that they have upped the overall device limit on which an account can be used from 4 to 6, with 3 changes allowed per month now rather than the desultory one. The number of devices which can actively be used at any one time remains at 2.

Comments

• scottscott Posts: 1,947Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 March 2019, 5:07PM
    Yes there was some talk initially on the NowTV forum of them upping the stream to 1080 as a sweetener for the hike but that seems to have gone quiet again (of course nobody ever pays full price anyway do they :) ). The six device limit is a good plus though.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,837Member ✭✭✭
    The increased devices is good, the number of changes a month even better. It was a pig at times in the past, I remember going to my parents armed with a Sky Sports pass, you can probably guess the rest ....  
    Agree. The flip side of having an app available on lots of devices means you actually run out of slots very quickly, so the increase to six really helps but then being able to make 3 changes a month is a double bonus for those less used devices ;)
    It goes a long way to solve the "Chromecast Issue" if we can call it that!
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,334Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 March 2019, 5:26PM
    I started a free 7 day pass as of yesterday. If I cancel it today would I still get the full 7 days?
    Yep, passes can be cancelled at any time, but continue until they expire. One of the other good ways that NOW TV go about their business.

edited 28 March 2019, 5:37PM

And you will quite often get a good offer before the time runs out ;) after you cancel. Of course if you do get a multiple monthly offer cancelling before the last months payment on that offer will lose you that offer if that makes sense.

i.e. if you got a £5 month offer for 3 months you wouldn't cancel until after the 3rd monthly payment had gone out or you would lose the other months at that price.

• StephenStephen Posts: 667Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 March 2019, 6:08PM
    Also if you haven't been graced with special offers, but have a PC World or Argos nearby (other big box retailers are available, but not as many as there used to be), then paper passes are also good deals.

@Stephen Are these better than the ones available online?

It has to be said for NOW TV generally that if you are prepared to be on your toes then there are regularly decent deals about. I am currently sharing a £20 a month Sky Sports Pass with my parents, barking value compared to the native Sky equivalent and commitment involved. And very handy for the EPL run-in, with all the major games featured. Not for everyone of course. But for Liverpool fans pretty good!
    Unless of course the usual happens and they choke, lol I am joking of course ;)
    Hey, joking aside, we are enjoying the ride come what may, I promise you.   :)
    edited 28 March 2019, 6:46PM
    Thanks everyone, thats a big help. chiz, being an internet forum it can at times be hard to impart humour where humour is intended, where there is no tone or inflection to impart, or playful banter where football is concerned. So I've deliberately avoided mentioning the words 'Liverpool' and 'FC' in the same sentence to you. See you on the last day fella!
    Well I did cancel and as everyone said I got my offer the day after my pass expired.
    3 months Sky Cinema for the price of 1, so £4 a month. I'll be continuing, but flippin heck they don't half re-cycle these films and movies over and over, and then over again. Its almost like watching a repeat channel package.  
    edited 3 April 2019, 9:47PM
    Visionman said:
    Well I did cancel and as everyone said I got my offer the day after my pass expired.
    3 months Sky Cinema for the price of 1, so £4 a month. I'll be continuing, but flippin heck they don't half re-cycle these films and movies over and over, and then over again. Its almost like watching a repeat channel package.  
    The on demand library is ok. The only problem is at SD quality they are pretty unwatchable so the step is to get the on demand content up to HD quality. 
    I'd agree with that. But I'm glad I decided to take a dip with Now TV as opposed to Sky TV subscription on satellite.
    I remember a while back NOW TV had a chart showing the streaming quality available via various devices. Out of curiosity I looked it up again, it's a lot simpler now!

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device