Removed Boost channels still show in Subscribed not Extras category

Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 150Member ✭✭
I removed my entertainment boost via TalkTalk a couple of months ago and the channels are still showing under the Subscribed Category when really they should be under Extras.

I did a maintenance reset on one of my Humax boxes and they appeared correctly, for a day, but then reverted to Subscribed.

This happened a couple of years ago too and it was reported via the TalkTalk forum and they said it was an issue they had raised with YouView as it was they who had responsibility for the allocation of channels to the various blue button categories.

Thought it worth raising here to highlight the issue in case it had not actually been reported (and maybe to see if it affects other ISP's extras).

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,424Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Stevef_fr8ys - BT and Plusnet don't use package channels (what you call Boosts) as they are allocated at the customer service/server end over the phone.  :)
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 150Member ✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Hi @Stevef_fr8ys - BT and Plusnet don't use package channels (what you call Boosts) as they are allocated at the customer service/server end over the phone.  :)
    Thanks. A TalkTalk issue only then.
    Cheers. Actually its quite amazing how differently they work. Take the TT and BT Players, for example. Anyone can order stuff (content) off TalkTalks player, subscription user or not. But with BT only subscribers can use theirs, even though it appears in the Player menu bar. Which is a bit pointless.   :s
    Talking of TalkTalk, have they sorted out the £4 a mth debacle yet or is it still ongoing?
    Still ongoing.
    Some people who thought it removed have had it on their bill. Some only a pro rata refund. 
    Requests still coming through for removal stating they didn't get the email etc. etc. etc.
    Awful PR. Has anyone owned up as to whose idea it was? Because I know the OCEs were pulling their hair out with this whilst trying their best to help in a bad situation. ie Not their fault! 
    Must have seemed like a good idea at the time. 
    It should have been done on the basis of a charge if you have boosts, and then opt-in to access the store. Would have saved all the bad press and customer anger/frustration.