BBC Does it again

Tim CTim C Posts: 394Member ✭✭
I record the BBC News at 10pm 7 days a week.
Well I used to until last weekend when the weekend versions failed to record but the Friday night program set the next scheduled recording for Monday night. Thought it was just a blip last weekend but happened last night(Saturday) also and nothing set for tonight (Sunday).
Presumable a CRID issue.
“Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ and all that other OldGen good stuff that was promised to come back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ etc etc.., rather than the unnecessary & unasked for that does get added and serves no useful purpose? Give me optional lists as well :) ."

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Posts: 920Member ✭✭
    Well  the BBC are currently allocating  the BBC News at 10 (Monday-Friday) a different Series CRID to the BBC Weekend News (Saturday & Sunday) on the BBC 1 Channels. So to achieve all seven days bulletins you would currently need to have 2 series recordings set.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,334Member ✭✭✭
    Yesterday Football Focus (BBC1 HD 12pm) recorded for only 1 minute & 25 secs.
    Also, Match of the Day's Sunday morning repeat was showing in my list of scheduled recordings last night but upon checking this morning it hadn't.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 920Member ✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Also, Match of the Day's Sunday morning repeat was showing in my list of scheduled recordings last night but upon checking this morning it hadn't.
    I had set that to record on a non Youview  Freeview Box using AR on BBC 1 HD  on the Crystal Palace Transmitter. That recording started correctly but completed with no reported errors after 41 minutes so was significantly trruncated.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,334Member ✭✭✭
    Thats interesting as my T2000 recorded the show in full. Though it will be available for you to watch in full on the iPlayer as of Tuesday. 
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 394Member ✭✭
    Back to the BBC Weekend News.
    Having set it for 10pm tonight (Sunday) it recorded the early evening version , then the 10pm version and is now set to record the 1pm version on next Saturday 6 April.
    Well & truly messed up.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ and all that other OldGen good stuff that was promised to come back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ etc etc.., rather than the unnecessary & unasked for that does get added and serves no useful purpose? Give me optional lists as well :) ."
  • David B-WDavid B-W Posts: 6Member
    A few weeks ago was getting failed BBC recordings or early finish but those problems  seem to have resolved. However tonight the scheduled recording of  Have I Got News for You on  BBC2 HD at 9.00 PM ended after only just over a minute. Why? Is the BBC still not sorted out completely  over this failed/late start/early end recordings  problem?
    David B-W said:
    A few weeks ago was getting failed BBC recordings or early finish but those problems  seem to have resolved. However tonight the scheduled recording of  Have I Got News for You on  BBC2 HD at 9.00 PM ended after only just over a minute. Why? Is the BBC still not sorted out completely  over this failed/late start/early end recordings  problem?
    I hope you meant BBC1 not BBC 2.
    Yes! BBC1 HD on channel 101
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,021Administrator admin
    David B-W said:
    Hi David,
    Can you please let us know if this was a single recording or a series recording? It'd be useful to also know when you set this recording up as well.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    I started this thread because the BBC screwed up the scheduling of the weekend news @ 10pm, instead recording all ocurrences of BBC News over the weekend - which nobody seemed to take an interest in (Youview)!
    Now the London News at 10:30pm has failed to record for the past 2 nights. Just what are the BBC doing!!!!
    Sarah, it was a series recording I think, and set up a few days before