BBC Does it again

Tim CTim C Posts: 455Member ✭✭
I record the BBC News at 10pm 7 days a week.
Well I used to until last weekend when the weekend versions failed to record but the Friday night program set the next scheduled recording for Monday night. Thought it was just a blip last weekend but happened last night(Saturday) also and nothing set for tonight (Sunday).
Presumable a CRID issue.

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Posts: 970Member ✭✭
    Well  the BBC are currently allocating  the BBC News at 10 (Monday-Friday) a different Series CRID to the BBC Weekend News (Saturday & Sunday) on the BBC 1 Channels. So to achieve all seven days bulletins you would currently need to have 2 series recordings set.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,613Member ✭✭✭
    Yesterday Football Focus (BBC1 HD 12pm) recorded for only 1 minute & 25 secs.
    Also, Match of the Day's Sunday morning repeat was showing in my list of scheduled recordings last night but upon checking this morning it hadn't.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 970Member ✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Also, Match of the Day's Sunday morning repeat was showing in my list of scheduled recordings last night but upon checking this morning it hadn't.
    I had set that to record on a non Youview  Freeview Box using AR on BBC 1 HD  on the Crystal Palace Transmitter. That recording started correctly but completed with no reported errors after 41 minutes so was significantly trruncated.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,613Member ✭✭✭
    Thats interesting as my T2000 recorded the show in full. Though it will be available for you to watch in full on the iPlayer as of Tuesday. 
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 455Member ✭✭
    Back to the BBC Weekend News.
    Having set it for 10pm tonight (Sunday) it recorded the early evening version , then the 10pm version and is now set to record the 1pm version on next Saturday 6 April.
    Well & truly messed up.
  • David B-WDavid B-W Posts: 6Member
    A few weeks ago was getting failed BBC recordings or early finish but those problems  seem to have resolved. However tonight the scheduled recording of  Have I Got News for You on  BBC2 HD at 9.00 PM ended after only just over a minute. Why? Is the BBC still not sorted out completely  over this failed/late start/early end recordings  problem?
    David B-W said:
    A few weeks ago was getting failed BBC recordings or early finish but those problems  seem to have resolved. However tonight the scheduled recording of  Have I Got News for You on  BBC2 HD at 9.00 PM ended after only just over a minute. Why? Is the BBC still not sorted out completely  over this failed/late start/early end recordings  problem?
    I hope you meant BBC1 not BBC 2.
    Yes! BBC1 HD on channel 101
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,428Administrator admin
    David B-W said:
    Hi David,
    Can you please let us know if this was a single recording or a series recording? It'd be useful to also know when you set this recording up as well.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    I started this thread because the BBC screwed up the scheduling of the weekend news @ 10pm, instead recording all ocurrences of BBC News over the weekend - which nobody seemed to take an interest in (Youview)!
    Now the London News at 10:30pm has failed to record for the past 2 nights. Just what are the BBC doing!!!!
    Sarah, it was a series recording I think, and set up a few days before