Change screen size

Carol12Carol12 Posts: 5Member
The screen size has changed on it's own. It is higher than before, so the top of the screen is hidden, ie top of heads cut off. I've tried using zoom and that makes it bigger. I've gone into settings and there isn't any information as to how to change the screen size under pictures and sound. Can anyone suggest what I should do? Thanks

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,052Member ✭✭✭
    edited 13 April 2019, 2:25PM
    Hi @Carol12 and welcome to the Community!

YouView boxes don’t have any features for changing the picture size, so this is down to a setting on your TV.

What make and model of TV is it? Do you get this problem with everything you watch (i.e. directly on the TV) or just via YouView?

You probably want the picture setting to be 16:9 on the TV, if there is such a setting in the picture menu of the TV, and it is a 16:9 TV, so try that.

if not, please come back with the make and model of TV; and also the make and model of YouView box involved, if this is not a Sony Android TV running YouView.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • Carol12Carol12 Posts: 5Member
    Hi Roy

The make and model of my box is dn372t. I've never had this problem before. I switched it off for a couple of hours (standby) and when I switched it on again the problem was there. It's on all the channels. My Tv is a Bush, but I just use it for htm1 the screen to connect to my YouView box.
    I've tried looking at 'settings' on my YouView box, but it doesn't have 16.9 etc.

Carol
    edited 13 April 2019, 2:26PM
    Carol12 said:
    Hi Roy

The make and model of my box is dn372t. I've never had this problem before. I switched it off for a couple of hours (standby) and when I switched it on again the problem was there. It's on all the channels. My Tv is a Bush, but I just use it for htm1 the screen to connect to my YouView box.
    I've tried looking at 'settings' on my YouView box, but it doesn't have 16.9 etc.

Carol
    Hi @Carol12

You won’t find the setting on your YouView box, and it’s unlikely the YouView box is doing it.

Accordingly, you need to look for 16:9 in the Picture settings on the Bush TV, and set that. I said this above, but have a reread, as I’ve edited it (italics) to make my advice even clearer, I hope.

Though if it really is the YouView box doing it (and they are known for doing the odd strange thing), or you want to eliminate the box as a possible culprit, then while not recording, nor about to, touch the On/Standby button on the box for just over 8 seconds until it soft reboots.

This won’t lose any of your settings, or recordings or anything; it will just make sure the box refreshes its running software from its own internal copy.

If resetting the Picture setting on the TV, or rebooting the box, cures it, please come back and tell us which.

Hi Roy
    I went back to install channels for the first time on my TV and it worked. Thanks very much for your help!
    Carol
    Hi Roy
    I thought I'd sent you a message, but I can't see it here.
    I went back to first time install on my TV and it worked.
    Thanks for your help
    Carol
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,334Member ✭✭✭
    Please use the 'leave a comment' box at the bottom of the page to leave replies, Carol12, and not edit comments you have made previously. Ta.
    edited 14 April 2019, 7:34PM
    Visionman said:
    Please use the 'leave a comment' box at the bottom of the page to leave replies, Carol12, and not edit comments you have made previously. Ta.
    @Visionman

Looking at the timestamps will show that isn’t what @Carol12 has done here.

These are later postings with the ‘Accepted Answer’ flag, which, as on other forums I have seen, get promoted to sit directly under the initial query posting.

There seems to be a loophole here in the Vanilla software though, that has let @Carol12 accept one (or two!) of her own postings as answers; I can’t Like my own postings, or Thank myself for them, no matter how hard I try :smile:
    edited 14 April 2019, 3:57PM
    Aha - my rather surreal ‘Testing, Testing, please ignore’ thread confirms all my conjectures above.

Oh, and I don’t really try to Like, etc., my own postings. But when I look to see who has done so, the Vanilla software does get a bit confused about what I am about, and issues admonishments accordingly.

I am sure this could be improved....