Forum categories

zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
currently if starting a new thread the default posting puts the thread into the top level  community thread rather than insisting on the poster selecting a specific category such as Support , News , Feedback etc, Discussion, although the category can be selected by the poster if they navigate down . is this how it is intended to function ?

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    If you have ever made a phone call and encountered one of those automated front ends which go ‘Press one for Sales, press two for Accounts, press three for ongoing tickets, press four if you are Commodore level, press five if you are losing the will to live, press six to hear these options again’ and gone round two or three times looking for your niche, you will perhaps understand why YouView make it as easy as possible to post without agonising about what might be an incorrect category to choose.

Mind you, the people with non-YouView TVs who clutter up the Android category on the Sony Community are a bloody nuisance....  :p 
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
    On the iPad this is what I see on one of my more common access routes to the community.  So the All posts which would include those not in the sub categories is only accessible by scrolling down past the Archived posts.

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    edited 22 April 2019, 11:01AM
    Oh yes, that’s a pain indeed.

But also on an iPad, I use the view you get by touching the Home part of Home / Community and see it like this (where the All is All or Following, and not All Categories, BTW, in both Views) :-

This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
    Yes another peculiar view selection is here where the subcategory  threads are not listed under all in community  (only those with no sub category)