CBS Catchup Channels UK & Horror Bites

Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Posts: 45Administrator admin

The 29th April marks the launch of a new player to all YouView set top boxes (not currently available on Sony TVs): CBS Catchup Channels UK & Horror Bites!

CBS Catchup Channels UK is the UK home for on demand content from CBS Reality, CBS Drama, CBS Justice and Horror Bites. This is a free player that includes content up to 30 days past its TV broadcast, along with exclusive content available from these channels. The player can be launched from the Players & Apps menu.

Please note: There will be NO linking to the Backwards EPG for this player, it can only be accessed via the Main Menu.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you,

Louise.

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,375Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 April 2019, 6:51PM
    Whats the bitrate and screen resolution this new Player streams at, Louise?
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,848Member ✭✭✭
    Aarrgghh! As if the missus doesn't watch enough NCIS already!!
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 152Member
    One of lifes mysteries, how such  a massive American network can have such a pethic UK platform. 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,132Member ✭✭✭
    Goodbye said:
    One of lifes mysteries, how such  a massive American network can have such a pethic UK platform. 
    Bit bethic, that.
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 152Member
    That's pathetic Roy, oh dear stevef will think I'm being nasty again 
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,375Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Whats the bitrate and screen resolution this new Player streams at, Louise?

Disappointed there was no reply. So I looked it up for myself.
    Freeview channels broadcast in MPEG2 at an ave. bitrate of 1.4Mbps with a resolution of 544x376 at 25fps. Looking at the player it appears to be the same low resolution, which didn't look good on a 4K TV.