BBC Weather on interactive Red Button

DarrenDarren Posts: 277Member ✭✭
For almost a week now the BBC weather has not been working on both my Youview boxes and I get a message.
BBC.
Something has gone wrong loading this content.
This is usually a temporary problem. Please try again later.
It was also not working on my Samsung full HD smart TV but is working on TV again.
Anyone got any Ideas. I have unplused both my Youview boxes and rebooted them with no luck. Its a BT Youview retail box and a BT Youview box that BT gave me.
There is a post on the Digital Spy Forums from someone about almost the same thing.

Darren

Comments

• AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 770Member ✭✭✭
    Hello @Darren
    Weather is working for me on both my T2000 retail boxes, and on my S*m*u*g TV.
    John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 152Member
    With the multitude of up to the second weather apps perhaps the red button weather service is not a priority anymore. 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,132Member ✭✭✭
    edited 4 May 2019, 4:37PM
    Got the Red Button weather on my T4000 OK, though it was for London, where we do not live, so I used the Search option to get regional weather for the nearest place I could find, and set the Save option for the future.

Also worked fine on our Samsung TV, where I could set a different local option for weather, so it looks like this lives in the device, and not centrally.

Found one interesting thing in my researches into all this, though, and fixed a gripe we had; in the BBC iPlayer, Autoplay was set to Next Episode & Recommendations, rather than just Next Episode, which is what we wanted.

I wonder when the new option came in, and why we were defaulted to it; as I recall when we set it, the only choices were On or Off?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 277Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Its working on my Samsung TV but still not working on both my Youview boxes. Yet the rest of the BBC Red Button services seem to be working fine.

Darren