Box upgrade

wizal26wizal26 Posts: 1Member
How do I go about getting a upgrade on my old DN370t TalkTalk YouView box as I won’t to use prime video I’ve been with TalkTalk over ten years and I thinks its about time thebox was changed. Thanks gerry

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,287Administrator admin
    Hi @wizal26
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    If you're still with TalkTalk, I would suggest reaching out to them as they should be able to advise you on upgrading your box. You can contact them on their forum here or by phone on 0345 172 0088. 
    I hope they can assist you further with potentially upgrading your YouView device :)
    Thanks,
    Sarah 
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 324Member
    edited 20 May 2019, 4:28PM
    Mentioning you might explore the options of taking your custom elsewhere usually does it. After 10 years it might be worth shopping  around anyway as loyalty certainly doesn't pay anymore. 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @wizal26  

Speak to them nicely, and I am sure they will replace the 7-year-old box of a long-term subscriber. There should be no need to jump up and down, and any advice so to do should be weighed carefully, lest it prove counter-productive.
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 170Member ✭✭
    Totally agree @Roy
    As I was always told, manners cost nothing. 
    Those who are polite often get a quicker outcome on forums than those that rant, in my experience.
    Another option is buy a box outright on e bay. There not that expensive .
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,509Member ✭✭✭
    TalkTalk are always more than helpful when it comes to replacing equipment at no cost. They might even give you a discount on your package if you ask.
    edited 20 May 2019, 7:54PM
    If you dont ask you dont get, wise words and good advice but....talk talk are officially the worst when it comes to customer satisfaction, that's not me being confrontational but a industry fact. Out of all the broadband providers they religiously come  bottom (bt came second to last with sky bizarrely topping the list for customer satisfaction ) so be nice be firm but also be prepared to walk. Also good luck trying to communicate with the Philippine call centre. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 170Member ✭✭
    That's why its best to go on their forum. Their best customer service, which for some reason they don't actively promote.
    Goodbye said:
    If you dont ask you dont get, wise words and good advice but....talk talk are officially the worst when it comes to customer satisfaction, that's not me being confrontational but a industry fact. Out of all the broadband providers they religiously come  bottom (bt came second to last with sky bizarrely topping the list for customer satisfaction ) so be nice be firm but also be prepared to walk. Also good luck trying to communicate with the Philippine call centre. 

I'm sorry but you seem to be getting in the way of wizal26 getting the help advised by others.
    And correct as well.
    edited 20 May 2019, 11:10PM
    Goodbye said:

It was South Africa actually, now in the UK. But lets not split hairs. Its so global!
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Goodbye said:
    (Redacted)
    I'm sorry but you seem to be getting in the way of wizal26 getting the help advised by others.
    And correct as well.
    @Visionman

The Flag button is our friend.
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(