Series timer issue

Douglas MoncrieffDouglas Moncrieff Posts: 16Member
edited 22 May 2019, 8:41AM in Support
Hi there wonder if you can help I have 2 DTRT2100 , both running the same software 

One won't do series record, it works occasionally but in general it just does single record.

I also have programs which have the 'R' on the guide but do not have them appearing in the scheduled bit of my TV.

I have tried a factory reset kepping recordings from the maintenance menu.

The only thing I see which is different is that, the one which is working finds 159 channels while the one which is isn't  finds 6 less channels off the same Aeral

I have tried swapping the boxes and it makes no difference ie it is not anything to do wuthe aerial/ erthnet connections, so it must be box related.

It's driving me mad so any help suggestions appreciated

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    @Douglas Moncrieff

Alas, recording problems such as you are reporting generally indicate disc corruption, and are not amenable to anything less than a Factory Reset/MM5.

Though if the MM you did was a 2, it’s worth trying a 4.

You could also try deleting programmes one by one off the hard disc - perhaps after you’ve watched them - and seeing if that pulls things out straight. Though it’s a long shot.

AAMOI, though, is there any pattern to the six programmes this box can’t tune in, but the other one can?
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,202Administrator admin
    Hi @Douglas Moncrieff ,

When you say it only does series recording, do you mean that it doesn't offer series recording when it should or that you are setting it as a series recording but it's only doing a single recording? 

If you can let us know of the programmes with the R next to them in your guide but aren't showing up in the Scheduled Recordings section of MyTV that'd be useful for us to know. If you could let us know if these were set as series or single recordings as well that'd help. 

If possible, can you please also perform 5 software update checks on your YouView box in a row so we can locate your box and check the internal data to see what's going on.  

If you happen to remember the channels which are missing from the box that'd be great. If you're not sure, you can check the list of available channels at your address by entering your postcode and door number on the Digital UK website here.

I've also edited out the serial number of your YouView box as this is private information which shouldn't be shared unless done so privately to us. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Thanks for the reply, suspected I needed to try full reset but getting challenge about the lost recordings by the family

I haven't tried to find the missing 6 channels but yes it would be interesting so will try that 

Douglas
  • Ok found the missing 6 channels
    8 that's Scotland
    48 movies for men +1
    50 Sony movie channel +1
    60 sony crime channel
    207 tiny pop
    208 pop max

Does this provide any clues?
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 942Member ✭✭
    Ok found the missing 6 channels
    8 that's Scotland
    48 movies for men +1
    50 Sony movie channel +1
    60 sony crime channel
    207 tiny pop
    208 pop max

Does this provide any clues?

Those are I believe channels provided on the local mux
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings

• Hi Sarah

Thanks for replying. It is situation 2 that you are setting it as a series recording but it's only doing a single recording

It currently seems largely to be in stv or stvhd 3 / 103 eg coronation st.  Or Heathrow Britain's , but then Hatton garden appears to be working ok

Just hit the software update button  5  time within software information  was that what you wanted ?

Douglas

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for doing that, we've been able to locate your box.

We can see that multiple requests are being sent, both as series records and episode recordings.

Can you please let us know whether you tried setting 'First Dates Abroad' as both a series and an individual episode record for the 23rd May at 01:10? This help us understand some of the data a bit better.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Hi Sarah

All the recording last night 23 including first dates was series record

• Attached as a video showing what is happening

Attached as a video showing what is happening
    Hi Douglas,

Thanks for providing the video, it's helpful to see a recent example of this. I'll add this to the investigation we are doing at the moment. I'll update you when we get any new information or updates on this.

Thanks, 

Sarah
  • Hi Sarah

Thank you. I have also been talking to stv and shared the video with them. The following was their response
    Hi there,

Further to our recent email the technical team have investigated this issue and cannot find any problems with the series-linking. We are therefore unfortunately unable to help with the issue you are having and would suggest contacting the manufacturer of your set top box.

We are sorry we could not be of further help to you at this time and we thank you again for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind Regards

STV Enquiries