channels on bt i lost

Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
i lost few channel on my bt box few months ago but yesterday i retune my bt boxs and in the liveing room my i had 140 channels i lost freesport bbc 4 and few more i possted few monthj but now the channel i got this 155 i got back freestorp bbc 4 and some music channel s like the now80 .

Comments

  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,539 admin
    Hi @Ken Hill1
    Can you let us know the transmitter your box is tuned to? You can find this out by going to the Digital UK website and entering your postcode and door number. This is displayed in the top section called 'Coverage checker results'. 
    Can you also let us know which channels you're still missing?
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Sarah said:
    Hi @Ken Hill1
    Can you let us know the transmitter your box is tuned to? You can find this out by going to the Digital UK website and entering your postcode and door number. This is displayed in the top section called 'Coverage checker results'. 
    Can you also let us know which channels you're still missing?
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sarah said:
    Hi @Ken Hill1
    Can you let us know the transmitter your box is tuned to? You can find this out by going to the Digital UK website and entering your postcode and door number. This is displayed in the top section called 'Coverage checker results'. 
    Can you also let us know which channels you're still missing?
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Crystal Palace but my neighbour told me at thay closed transmitter this that true sahah ?
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,539 admin
    Hi @Ken Hill1
    The Crystal palace transmitter is up and running with no issues, it is not closed.
    Can you please let us know some of the channels you are still missing?
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭
    I believe there was an issue with Crystal Palace where they changed the broadcast (21-68) channels some muxes were using, as part of the 4G clearances, and this put them out of the band that the aerials supplied in London normally used to cover?

    So some people, finding themselves affected, might well need a replacement aerial, covering a wider group of the 21-68 channels, to get all the Freeview channels back?

    Perhaps this is what happened to Ken? 
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    thank Sarah  and Roy )
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited 13 May 2020, 11:36AM
    i got all the channels on my tv with com7 channel and com 8 channels like 5usa+1 5star+1  and freesports and lot more channels but on my bt boxs i have not got the channels like com7 and com8 channels like 5 usa +1 your 5 usa+1 and freesports on my bt boxs thanks 
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    Ken Hill1 said:
    i got all the channels on my tv with com7 channel and com 8 channels like 5usa+1 5star+1  and freesports and lot more channels but on my bt boxs i have not got the channels like com7 and com8 channels like 5 usa +1 your 5 usa+1 and freesports on my bt boxs thanks 
    What signal strength and quality readings do you get for those channels on your TV Ken?
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    jonesh said:
    Ken Hill1 said:
    i got all the channels on my tv with com7 channel and com 8 channels like 5usa+1 5star+1  and freesports and lot more channels but on my bt boxs i have not got the channels like com7 and com8 channels like 5 usa +1 your 5 usa+1 and freesports on my bt boxs thanks 
    What signal strength and quality readings do you get for those channels on your TV Ken?
    A signal is between 70 and 90 on all channels some channels go up to 100
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 May 2020, 9:47PM
    Ken Hill1 said:
    jonesh said:
    Ken Hill1 said:
    i got all the channels on my tv with com7 channel and com 8 channels like 5usa+1 5star+1  and freesports and lot more channels but on my bt boxs i have not got the channels like com7 and com8 channels like 5 usa +1 your 5 usa+1 and freesports on my bt boxs thanks 
    What signal strength and quality readings do you get for those channels on your TV Ken?
    A signal is between 70 and 90 on all channels some channels go up to 100
    Are those values for signal strength, or signal quality?
    Whichever they are, what value do you get for the other reading?
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    jonesh said:
    Ken Hill1 said:
    jonesh said:
    Ken Hill1 said:
    i got all the channels on my tv with com7 channel and com 8 channels like 5usa+1 5star+1  and freesports and lot more channels but on my bt boxs i have not got the channels like com7 and com8 channels like 5 usa +1 your 5 usa+1 and freesports on my bt boxs thanks 
    What signal strength and quality readings do you get for those channels on your TV Ken?
    A signal is between 70 and 90 on all channels some channels go up to 100
    Are those values for signal strength, or signal quality?
    Whichever they are, what value do you get for the other reading?
    signal stal qualityength 90
    slgnality quality 100 
    just to say i have not got 5usa+1 your 5star+1 and freesport  on the epg on my bt boxs but on my tv i have 
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited 14 May 2020, 5:48PM
    Were those readings taken with the TV tuned to one of the channels missing from your Youview box Ken?
    Com7 and Com8 are lower powered muxes than the PSB ones, so they are prone to disappearing in marginal areas if the aerial isn't up to snuff.
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    jonesh said:
    Were those readings taken with the TV tuned to one of the channels missing from your Youview box Ken?
    Com7 and Com8 are lower powered muxes than the PSB ones, so they are prone to disappearing in marginal areas if the aerial isn't up to snuff.
    thank mate 
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 May 2020, 7:50PM
    Information about the Crystal Palace muxes is given here (scroll down). The power of transmission (Wattage) of each mux is given on the RHS of the list.
    A thought - High atmospheric pressure can affect TV signals, and we've had a lot of that recently. Try re-tuning your box when atmospheric pressure is lower than it is at the moment, eg, when it is raining :).  Once a mux is tuned in, it tends to stay tuned in . . .  might be worth a try.
    ps. It's annoying that TVs seem to be able to cope with marginal signals better than Youview boxes :'(.
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited 18 May 2020, 1:08PM
    Forgot to say I'm on a communal aerial I live in a flat and sharing the area with 4 other people and they got the same problem I've lost of channels funny thing is I was talking to my neighbour over the weekend and he told me that he's lost channels and he went to cancel offered him a satellite dish so I phoned the council this morning and I told them the same thing I lost channels so I spoke to the housing officer and I said why are you offering people dishes she explained to me the the area you live in and we giving dishes to everyone in your area so you can have  freesat or Sky or use the communal this is a non aerial zone. Also they told me we're me that we're not upgrading new aerials in your area we're concentrating on upgrading community dishes or you can have one 1form Sky free of charge and this is my council told me on the phone this morning .
Sign In or Register to comment.