Is this software wrong?

I bought a second hand t2000 to replace my BT box as I wanted discover and better updates. The problem is that I have manufacturer software 32.21.10. The component software is 3.6.38(ae6128). I have searched for this software and can't find a mention of it anywhere. Any help appreciated. Thanks. 

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,289Administrator admin
    Hi @Phillip Cooke

Welcome to the forum :) 

It looks like that box was previously used by a user who was registered to YouView Trials. You can remove it from Trials by performing a full factory reset (option 3) on the box (this will also delete your recordings), instructions for how to do this can be found here.

The box will remain on that software version until the live versions catch up, however the box will no longer be registered to Trials and will also no longer receive Trials updates.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Thank you. I have already factory reset though option 3. I will wait for the live updates to catch up. Thanks for the explanation. 
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 140Member
    The funny thing is @Sarah that if you don't factory reset the box you continue to receive Trials update software. I've 3 friends who had it confirmed by Youview that they had accepted their requests to be removed from the trials and that their boxes would no longer receive the updates as Youview would take the boxes off the trials. They still get Trials software when they decide to go back into the feedback groups via the box to get a sneak at what might be coming next  :D  
    Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........
  • Phillip CookePhillip Cooke Posts: 7Member
    Is there any way to check the trial update releases? 
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,509Member ✭✭✭
    No, as they are only announced upon release. But you could register to be a trialist.
    I have registered to be a trialist now. The only thing is this trial software seems to be behind the main software. No Amazon video or films and TV. I believe you can't roll back to the main firmware? 
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 140Member
    I have registered to be a trialist now. The only thing is this trial software seems to be behind the main software. No Amazon video or films and TV. I believe you can't roll back to the main firmware? 
    Sadly for you the answer is no, Youview are unable to roll back software to your box. 
    Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........
  • Thanks for the answer. A waiting game now. 
  • With the new update rolling out higher than mine will my box receive it ok? Thanks. 
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,289Administrator admin
    With the new update rolling out higher than mine will my box receive it ok? Thanks. 
    Hi Phillip,
    You should be able to receive the update without any issues. If the update is marked as complete on our latest versions page and you still don't have it, let us know and we can query further. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Excellent. Thanks again.