Large numbers of channels going missing each time there's a reorganisation of Freeview
jeawallace Member Posts: 12 ✭
On my DTR-T2110, I've noticed that, every time there's a change of channel ID or deletion of a channel, my box decides to 'lose' the two main commercial multiplexes. For example, yesterday's removal of Keep It Country and the True channels meant that on booting up the box things like Dave and Quest had gone, with no means to bring them back. Before, reorganisations eemed to fix themselves automatically, but it's like at the moment rather than try to work it out, the box is giving up. A regular retune brings everything back, but I'm concerned about the fact that there's no way of 'locking' the old channels in place and attending to this separately.
Welcome to the forum
Can you please go to the digital UK website and enter your postcode and door number? Once you've done this, please let us know which transmitter you are tuned to, this can be found in the 'Coverage checker results' section at the top of the page.
Just to confirm, you are losing certain multiplexes randomly and doing a retune brings them all back? It'd also be useful to know the signal strength and quality of the channels you are frequently losing, this can be found in your settings whilst you're on the channel and pressing the YouView button > Settings > TV Signal Quality.
Thanks for letting me know. We are investigating this at the moment but it would be useful to know the signal strength of these channels as it's helpful for us to know.
We're looking into this at the moment however it would be useful to know the signal strength of the channels which frequently disappear.
* Means a channel that has disappeared at least once following a Freeview reorganization.
C47 (BBC A) 98 strength
C44 (D3 +4) 97
C41 (BBC B ) 96
C32 (COM7) 93
C34 (COM8) 93
Can you please send me a private message (go to my profile and click 'Message') with the following information:
I understand that you've already posted some of this information but it'd be helpful to have this information all in one message so we have each users examples for our investigation.
- Your postcode and door number (so we can confirm your location in relation to the transmitter)
- Your box serial number (this can be found in your settings or on the back/bottom of the box)
- Your ISP
- Confirm box model and software version (this can be found by pressing Help and then Info on your remote control)
- Some examples of channels which disappear
This thread suggests trying and attenuator. Gonna give it a try.
Short of reprogramming the thing myself, I'm not sure what else I can do to resolve this, but it seems clear to me that this is less a signal issue, and more a programming one (at least, for my case) No amount of adjusting the aerial will fix this one, but it may do for others.
Apologies for not getting back to your message, the details were forwarded to our team but I didn't get around to responding to you, I apologise for that.
We are still investigating this issue to work out how to resolve it but it's a bit of a tricky one to deal with so it's taking a bit longer than we hoped. I'll post an update here when we get any news to share.
Fixed mine. No channel loss since 30 July. Happy days.
Try an attenuator @jeawallace, as suggested by @sparky2002.
The common factor in this thread and others, including this one, is Emley Moor. Thanks to @sparky2002 for providing the link.
Emley Moor is working on a temporary transmitter at the moment, and there have been a number of reports of high signal strength muxes disappearing from receivers tuned to it. A few weeks ago, I discussed the issue with an aerial fitter who was doing some work at our house. He said that the issue is very common, but fitting an attenuator in the aerial lead usually cures the problem. He uses attenuators of fixed value based on readings from his meter, but it is worth trying a variable one.
The Signal Quality/Strength readings from domestic TV equipment are only intended to be used as a guide, but Signal Quality should be at or very close to 100%. Signal Strength should be lower, with below 90% being a suggested starting point.
I fitted the attenuator just over 6 weeks ago. I set it so the signal strength was 90%. I had 3 boxes and it ranged from 88% to 91%. Before all had been 100%. Signal quality still 100%. So far not a single issue with channel loss.