Large numbers of channels going missing each time there's a reorganisation of Freeview

jeawallacejeawallace Posts: 5Member
On my DTR-T2110, I've noticed that, every time there's a change of channel ID or deletion of a channel, my box decides to 'lose' the two main commercial multiplexes. For example, yesterday's removal of Keep It Country and the True channels meant that on booting up the box things like Dave and Quest had gone, with no means to bring them back. Before, reorganisations eemed to fix themselves automatically, but it's like at the moment rather than try to work it out, the box is giving up. A regular retune brings everything back, but I'm concerned about the fact that there's no way of 'locking' the old channels in place and attending to this separately.

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,152Administrator admin
    Hi @jeawallace

Welcome to the forum :) 

Can you please go to the digital UK website and enter your postcode and door number? Once you've done this, please let us know which transmitter you are tuned to, this can be found in the 'Coverage checker results' section at the top of the page. 

Just to confirm, you are losing certain multiplexes randomly and doing a retune brings them all back? It'd also be useful to know the signal strength and quality of the channels you are frequently losing, this can be found in your settings whilst you're on the channel and pressing the YouView button > Settings > TV Signal Quality.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• jeawallacejeawallace Posts: 5Member
    I'm tuned to Emley Moor, and this change only happens when there's a reorganisation of Freeview such that the Guide table has to be altered. At that point, any channels on the affected locations that aren't specifically tuned to disappear. This isn't a strength issue as far as I can tell, the aerial reception is actually good enough for me to have to choose between North East and Yorkshire on retuning.
    Hi @jeawallace
    Thanks for letting me know. We are investigating this at the moment but it would be useful to know the signal strength of these channels as it's helpful for us to know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I'll take a look later, I'm not near the set at the moment. Do you want all strengths, or just those that disappear?
    I'll take a look later, I'm not near the set at the moment. Do you want all strengths, or just those that disappear?
    Mainly the ones that disappear would be useful as it'd be interesting for us to see and compare to what other users are seeing who are also experiencing this issue. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • StevieStevie Posts: 3Member
    I too am on Emley Moor with my DTR-T2110 and lose the HD channels on 101-105 about once a week. (106-114 all remain OK). The signal strength on all mux's is fine and my TV works OK all the time. Yesterday I lost one of the SD Mux's (can't remember which) and had to do yet another re-tune to get them back. What's up??
    Hi @Stevie ;
    We're looking into this at the moment however it would be useful to know the signal strength of the channels which frequently disappear. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    edited 28 June 2019, 9:09PM
    Ok, here's my results all 100 for quality. The C numbers are the channels in terms of frequency.
    * Means a channel that has disappeared at least once following a Freeview reorganization.

C47 (BBC A) 98 strength 
    C44 (D3 +4) 97
    C41 (BBC B ) 96
    C51*(SDN) 96
    C52*(ArqA) 96
    C48*(ArqB) 97
    C32 (COM7) 93
    C34 (COM8) 93
    I see there hasn't been any update to this, so I'll add my own. It's been stable for a week now, and coped with the most recent channel additions without any pain, so it makes me wonder if there's something in the software that handles how channel lists change that is throwing things off?
    Hi @jeawallace,

Can you please send me a private message (go to my profile and click 'Message') with the following information:
    • Your postcode and door number (so we can confirm your location in relation to the transmitter) 
    • Your box serial number (this can be found in your settings or on the back/bottom of the box) 
    • Your ISP
    • Confirm box model and software version (this can be found by pressing Help and then Info on your remote control)
    • Some examples of channels which disappear
    I understand that you've already posted some of this information but it'd be helpful to have this information all in one message so we have each users examples for our investigation.

Thanks,
    Sarah