New look Help App!

Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Posts: 55Administrator admin
edited 3 July 2019, 5:37PM in Announcements
We have updated the Help App look and feel - bringing you a design that feels more like the rest of the UI, with simpler navigation in articles and a consolidated Browse.

To access, simply click the Help button on your remote.

The first page you'll see when accessing the app via the Help button is now Overview, where we feature our help videos as well as a list of most popular articles



The Browse tab features all help articles, along with Error Messages, making it easier to find the help you're looking for



Navigation through an article has been made simpler - just press down to get to the next step



Our Useful Contacts page is where you'll find all the contact details should you need to contact someone else for additional help

 
Please feel free to use this thread to discuss, and provide feedback. 

Louise.

Comments

  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,110Member ✭✭✭
    That looks good  :)
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,461Member ✭✭✭
    It looks like a big improvement over the original. And more in-line with the overall interface. 
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 942Member ✭✭
    Quick feedback
    "To see what box/model software you are using , press the information button on your remote"
    My impression is that works when in Overview (first page) but not on other pages. So for example if selecting Browse > Software Updates > Latest Software Versions  you are encouraged to press the information button  but I don't believe it functions in that screen
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,889Member ✭✭✭
    Don't wish to be a dimwit (as usual), but is this across the board, not ISP, or box dependent?
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,889Member ✭✭✭
    First video: Connection Guide. Really? How does that work then if you don't fulfil the first two criteria? 
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Posts: 55Administrator admin
    zulu17 said:
    Quick feedback
    "To see what box/model software you are using , press the information button on your remote"
    My impression is that works when in Overview (first page) but not on other pages. So for example if selecting Browse > Software Updates > Latest Software Versions  you are encouraged to press the information button  but I don't believe it functions in that screen
    Hi @zulu17

    Thank you for the feedback. I've tested this in the office, and confirmed the functionality is not present, so will get this fed back!

    redchiz said:
    Don't wish to be a dimwit (as usual), but is this across the board, not ISP, or box dependent?
    The launch is across the board, yes.  :)

    redchiz said:
    First video: Connection Guide. Really? How does that work then if you don't fulfil the first two criteria? 
    Thanks for the feedback, @redchiz - we'll feed this back  :)
Sign In or Register to comment.