Buying a youview box

ewansimsewansims Posts: 1Member
Hi,

I'm looking at buying a youview box because I'm done with TV contracts. I have a UHD TV so am tempted to get the UHD box, but I want to know whether it's actually worth the extra money? What channels are available in UHD? Is there any intention to increase the available channels? My TV is a smart TV so I already get Netflix and Amazon in 4K.

Comments

• GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 336Time out
    Being blunt, if your after a youview box then at present money cannot buy a better box then the T4000...simple as. And if you shop around you can pick one up without too much extra outlay. 
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 443Member ✭✭
    Without a contract there are no channels available in UHD.
    However the T4000 is quicker in operation than any other units & has the 1TB drive - well some do.

Obviously the bulk of 4k is on Sky and Virgin but boy will you pay for it. If your happy with Netflix and Prime then for now thats as good as it gets. Three months subscriptions for Sky Q would probably pay for a decent youview box, throw in a now stick and it's a no brainer. 
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,963Member ✭✭✭
    If you want UHD content on Netflix it will cost you £11.99 a month. An Amazon Prime subscription seems like a snip at £7.99, but then you will spend more money with them to make it worth your while. Pushing £20 a month for a couple of On Demand services doesn't seem particularly cheap compared to the opposition.
    Unfortunately the words UHD and cheap dont go together at the moment, plus there's too many variables like broadband speeds, type and size of your TV, also do I invest in HDR, UHD or OLED or just wait for the rapidly advancing 8K to become commercially attractive. Today's cutting edge could be tomorrow's 3D.