now tv on bt

Comments

• Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Posts: 83Member
    edited 5 August 2019, 10:38AM
    look like now tv this ready too go live soon with bt app 
    https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/08/now-tv-pauses-hd-boost-trials.html?m=1
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,965Member ✭✭✭
    Looks like quite the opposite to be honest. 
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 336Time out
    edited 5 August 2019, 3:22PM
    Ken Hill1 said:
    look like now tv this ready too go live soon with bt app 
    https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/08/now-tv-pauses-hd-boost-trials.html?m=1
    Perhaps one of us is reading this wrong but to me it looks like the extremely secretive full now TV on youview is further away then ever.

• robotmanrobotman Posts: 153Member
    @Ken Hill1 @redchiz
    I'd say the wait is just getting longer and longer. Maybe next season?  :D
    "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth"
    It is though a shining beacon of corporate cooperation, Sky and BT have not uttered a single word between them on this alleged venture. My own view remains that Skys new owners (com cast) are not so enamored with what they inherited on takeover. Hence no communicating from both parties. 
  • today i went on my nowtv app on bt and it show that you can wach live move on the now tv app but it just on my liveing boxs t 400 boxs not on my box it the bed room the t2100 boxs yet 
  • scottscott Posts: 2,007Member ✭✭✭
    Has the actual player been updated to display better than SD quality (live movies when they are already available on demand to watch at a time of your choosing is pretty pointless).
    It's the "live" sport we need, as mentioned watching live movies when your already able to watch at your leisure is not going to make it on the giant leap's forward list.
  • it a start 
    Just tried it,
    It actually gives you the option when you click on it to watch the movie live or from the library. Aspires to pointless.
    Ken.
     Wouldn't read to much into it.
     Rapidly approaching the second anniversary of the announcement for this alieged joint venture that was agreed a month before Com casts surprise acquisition of Sky so looking increasingly likely it's a future of now stick's to access all now has to offer.
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Posts: 83Member
    i what the sport add as mush as one 
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 153Member
    All fairly underwhelming at the moment :D
    "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth"
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,540Member ✭✭✭
    I logged onto the forum tonight expecting a public announcement about this, but sadly there isn't one.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
    edited 17 September 2019, 10:17PM
    I did notice this page on NOW Tv website - it wasn't that obvious

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-shows-that-aren-t-available-on-youview

which has some statements about  the live Sky cinema channels on Youview via the Now player although they do identify some boxes  not currently having the live channels. 
  • JoeJoe Posts: 2,013Member ✭✭✭
    Guess this is the first stage towards having the full nowtv app. The live channels were the technical stumbling block, and necessary for the licensing of nowtv content on YouView.  

Live channels are in HD, but it appears ondemand is still SD. Wonder if we have to wait for the full nowtv app before we get HD ondemand?  
    I tend to agree that this will open up live streaming of NOW TV generally, although I don't understand how TalkTalk managed to accomplish it in the early days before it was scrapped.

And my live channels are most certainly not in HD, streaming at around 1 Mbps as opposed to 12 for on demand.
    edited 18 September 2019, 7:11PM
    Really? Have you reported it? Because thats not right. From memory, SD should be 7300kbps (don't know the resolution) and HD 1075kbps (again, I don't know the resolution). Hitting the remotes right or left button on the inner wheel will give you that info, in the top right hand corner of the screen. 
    Really? 7300 for SD and 1075 for HD? Mine is 128KB/s live and 1516KB/s on demand. Multiply by 8 and the numbers I gave previously are about right in Mbps.
    edited 18 September 2019, 8:07PM
    redchiz said:
    Really? 7300 for SD and 1075 for HD? Mine is 128KB/s live and 1516KB/s on demand. Multiply by 8 and the numbers I gave previously are about right in Mbps.
    Can’t speak for what you’re seeing. But I’m noticing an improved picture quality on the live channels. Looks HD quality, maybe 720p? But the Mbps indicator seems incorrect. It’s way too low.
    Just what it shows on screen when you press the OK button. 128 for live; 1516 for in demand.
    It's not really "live" though is it, it's a on demand movie restricted to a set time. 
    Joe
    If this was the first step it certainly wouldn't be on the traditionally last to receive anything 4000 box.
    Well it is live in the linear sense. As opposed to on demand.
    Goodbye said:
    It's not really "live" though is it, it's a on demand movie restricted to a set time. 
    Joe
    If this was the first step it certainly wouldn't be on the traditionally last to receive anything 4000 box.
    It’s supposed to be a simulcast of Sky’s cinema channels. 
    Then arguably a backward step, but honestly this has been ongoing for two years, how hard can it be to replicate what's available on the cheapest streaming stick.
    Think the point is it’s to do with licensing rights. It’ll be more relevant with the other Sky channels (sky sports, Atlantic etc) when/if they become available. Technology is in place now - arguably as people have mentioned it’s not as relevant with sky cinema where content is already available on demand. I think it’s more about setting up the infrastructure for when they finally bring the rest of Nowtv to YouView.
  • The on demand movies are still in SD, any live channels that show 128 in the top right corner is actually HD up to 1080p. 

I don't know what the point of all this is, like most we only watch movies on demand, but it is interesting that an "SD only" service is broadcasting live in HD. Initial steps leading to a wider change perhaps?
    Sorry Chiz, I meant to say Live HD is 10075Kbps, from memory.
    Don't worry about it, it's not the main point here anyway.
  • Adam_TAdam_T Posts: 47Member
    Thus may be box specific as my DTR2100 (BT) doesnt have this feature and still has the awful pic quality on Now films... I ran the usual 2 update options and same result.
    edited 20 September 2019, 1:05PM
    Unusually it's only on the T4000. Personally I think its completely unrelated to now TV being made available for the youview audience. Unless BT plan to offer it on their uhd plans only which would explain the 2000 boxes missing out. 
    As for the woeful quality of now TV, do Sky do this deliberately so we'll all rush out to subscribe to Sky Q, it really is pethic.