now tv on bt

12346

Comments

  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    Ironically we'll get it when all it's Disney content (Marvel Star wars and Pixar) have been removed. 
    The longer we wait the less their will be.
  • croftcroft Posts: 52Member
    Been confirmed today that it’s coming before end of March....
  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    croft said:
    Been confirmed today that it’s coming before end of March....
    That would tie in with the launch of Disney + (24th March)

  • croftcroft Posts: 52Member
    But hopefully before the 24th😁

    if it’s the 24th March as you say here definitely cutting it fine before end of March haha. 
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Posts: 96Member
    Hello. No, just come back from my holidays. In New Zealand And I found out. Updated the new software. And also so in March BT enable the full NOW TV roll out great news to hear Anything else happening while I've been away. Also I like the new layout. With the new software It's a lot easier to navigate. On bt .
  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    Oh not much, apart from the remote app being  "stolen " from retail. 
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,176Member ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Oh not much, apart from the remote app being  "stolen " from retail. 
    And TalkTalk  :D
  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    God it gets worse ☹
  • croftcroft Posts: 52Member
    Maybe YouView should announce something new and big like full now tv to take all the heat off them about the bad publicity ( pulling YouView app ) 
    hint for you Sarah........
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 167Member
    croft said:
    Maybe YouView should announce something new and big like full now tv to take all the heat off them about the bad publicity ( pulling YouView app ) 
    hint for you Sarah........
    That will be an announcement for BT to make, not Youview 😁
    "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth"
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,606Member ✭✭✭
    BT's full Now TV HD facility is going to launch sometime before 31st March and will be a SKY service.

    Theres been nothing said about retail, but why would there be? This is a commercial agreement between SKY and BT only. YouView retail have Sky Movies in SD only as that is all Sky wanted to offer. Even if it were to launch (which it isn't) in my view not many out of approx 300,000 retail users would sign up for it anyway so there is little incentive to do so. Its also easily and conveniently available elsewhere on other devices and so isn't likely to happen. 
  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    Totally agree, quite happy with my now stick and eternal deals Sky offer for the various packages, can even view in HD as well now. Must admit my usage of youview is rapidly declining. 
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 306Member ✭✭
    edited 8 February 2020, 10:56PM
    Since I got my sister a Samsung 55inch 4K smart TV about 7 months ago of QVC with 6 easy pays. Shes since moved her Youview retail box to her bedroom and don't use Youview as much as she used to.
    I may get Now TV when it comes to BT TV and if my sister can also use it on my account via the app on her TV.
    Its the Now TV entertainment package I may get.
    I got Amazon Prime as well as Netflix if I want to watch a movie.
    Although I do watch movies, Its my sister that's more in to movies than I am.
    The now I more interested in the new Disney + service.

    Darren
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,606Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 February 2020, 12:42AM
    @Darren
    When Now TV hits BT boxes, be warned, it isn't going to be cheap. Also, you won't be able to carry over any discounts you have from and on other devices via BTTV. It will be full price only.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 5,016Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    @Darren
    When Now TV hits BT boxes, be warned, it isn't going to be cheap. Also, you won't be able to carry over any discounts you have from and on other devices via BTTV. It will be full price only.
    How is that going to work then? How will it be managed separately? And why would you pay more to watch NOW TV on your BT box than on any other device?
  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    Because BT will lock you in a annual (or longer) subscription. That at the moment is why people choose Now over Sky. With Now it's on a pay monthly basis and that comes with big discounts when you dont renew your monthly pass. At the moment I get movie's for £7 till April and Sky sports on my mobile for a £1. 
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 306Member ✭✭
    I will see when it comes to BT. I may or may not get it I have not fully decided.
     I agree dont think some people will want to be paying more for Now TV though BT TV than gong direct to Now TV.
    Im the now about 4 months away from the end of my 18 months contract for all my BT services. BT I see from there website are now offering a 2 years contract and no longer do 18 months.

    Darren
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 167Member
    edited 9 February 2020, 10:16AM
    @redchiz wrote: How is that going to work then? How will it be managed separately? And why would you pay more to watch NOW TV on your BT box than on any other device?

    You will be able to use your 'bought directly from NowTV' passes on the BT TV platform. That means your discounted passes etc will be accepted, BUT only by using your existing NowTV login/account details as happens now with NowTV 'Cinema' on the BT platform (unless they've recently ditched that idea).
    What you won't get, unless you pay the full price via BT, is access to the channels via the epg, meaning you won't be able to record them.
    Personally, I moved to Sky recently after being a long time user of NowTV on Roku devices. Wish I'd done it sooner.
    "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth"
  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    Looked at sky and it worked out nearly £90 for my equivalent youview/now Netflix twin room set up. Nearly 3 times more expensive. Personally think Skys business model belongs  in the 90's.

  • redchizredchiz Posts: 5,016Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 February 2020, 12:19PM
    @robotman Interesting, so how will they distinguish between existing Sky channels in the EPG and the NOW TV versions? In other words, aren't recordable channels from Sky via an EPG just, erm, Sky? #confused
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 167Member
    redchiz said:
    @robotman Interesting, so how will they distinguish between existing Sky channels in the EPG and the NOW TV versions? In other words, aren't recordable channels from Sky via an EPG just, erm, Sky? #confused
    Your guess is as good as mine on that one. I share in your confusion. All I know is the information provided at the time re the two different models which would be available via BT boxes. As for implementation, I'm as in the dark on that as your good self.
    "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth"
  • croftcroft Posts: 52Member
    I’m hoping I’ll finally get to see the full now tv on YouView.. 
  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    You won't if you're a retail consumer ☹
  • croftcroft Posts: 52Member
    I was a BT customer but cancelled my subscription After the end of contract about 18 months ago but still use the box in bedroom and got Freesat box in living room also just seen Freesat have released a new.....
  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    Just dont think in the age of internet streaming that satellite tv has much of a future. 
  • WilfHWilfH Posts: 41Member
    The problem is that not everyone has access to Internet with bandwidth sufficient to cope with more than one HD stream never mind 4K. That’s likely to be the situation for some years to come. 

    Wilf
  • kodikidkodikid Posts: 89Member
    That's exactly my point,  the government is committed to bringing fast fibre to the masses. That's where the investment is going.
    The future is streaming not sticking a nineties technology dish on the house😁
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,606Member ✭✭✭
    WilfH said:
    The problem is that not everyone has access to Internet with bandwidth sufficient to cope with more than one HD stream never mind 4K. That’s likely to be the situation for some years to come. 

    Wilf

    Over 96% of the UK's population now has access to SFB (super fast broadband) above 20Mbps, with most above 30.

    4% of the UK's population can't get Freeview and 4% satellite.

    Fibre is the future of the UK's TV and on demand landscape and to be honest, that future is here NOW.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 5,016Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Over 96% of the UK's population now has access to SFB (super fast broadband) above 20Mbps, with most above 30.

    4% of the UK's population can't get Freeview and 4% satellite.

    Fibre is the future of the UK's TV and on demand landscape and to be honest, that future is here NOW.
    Hmm. Netflix recommends a minimum 25Mbps for 4K content. And at that speed don't expect to be able to connect anything else in the meantime.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,606Member ✭✭✭
    Its 29.5 for BT and SKY.
Sign In or Register to comment.