BT Software update 32.32.0 / 3.6.108 (T4000)

SarahSarah Posts: 1,357Administrator admin
edited 12 August 2019, 1:23PM in Announcements
Hi all,

Please use this thread to discuss the most recent BT Software update 32.32.0 / 3.6.108. This is a maintenance release for T4000 devices and contains no new features. 

Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

• WilfHWilfH Posts: 38Member
    Hi Sarah

One assumes that by ‘Maintenance Release’ we really mean bug fixes.

I’m certain that there are others like me on this and the BT forum who would greatly appreciate more clarity on what these releases actually change.   It would reduce the level of speculative or negative posts about this or that feature which is or isn’t broken/fixed/added/removed. 

It it would also greatly help those of us who are quite prepared to do constructive scientific testing and provide feedback. 

Wilf
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,357Administrator admin
    Hi @WilfH

We always call out any notable bugs which have appeared on the forums/social media or we feel are important to mention.

Whilst there are bug fixes in these releases, it is mainly 'under the hood' fixes which affect things on our end but do not affect the user or it fixes for bugs which had not made it into a live release. Maintenance releases can also help prepare the box for future releases which may have features in.

Please be assured that any notable bugs which have viewer impact will always be mentioned in the release notes. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 336Time out
    "Under the hood " more Americanism ☹
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 152Member
    Goodbye said:
    It's gone by that term for a number of years now within the industry without any complaints.

Sarah said:
    Maintenance releases can also help prepare the box for future releases which may have features in.
    NowTV functionality anyone? That's probably me being overly optimistic. Still, one can dream, and in my dreams I'm watching some Sky Sports football I've recorded :D
    Dipping in and out. More out than in :D
    edited 1 August 2019, 5:12PM
    Hate to be pedantic (he lied)
    but isn't tech a sector as opposed to something industrial 
    Plus
    Apparently these days it's obrigity to bring Now TV into every discussion 
    It is what it is
    Get over it.

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,536Member ✭✭✭
    Goodbye said:
    I say 'under the hood' as well as do many others on here and its actually been known as that since the year dot. Time to get over it.
    Goodbye said:
    Hate to be pedantic (he lied)
    but isn't tech a sector as opposed to something industrial 
    Plus
    Apparently these days it's obrigity to bring Now TV into every discussion 
    It is what it is
    Get over it.

Having a bad day? :DB)
    edited 2 August 2019, 5:22AM
    😎
    Goodbye said:
    It's gone by that term for a number of years now within the industry without any complaints.

Sarah said:
    Maintenance releases can also help prepare the box for future releases which may have features in.
    NowTV functionality anyone? That's probably me being overly optimistic. Still, one can dream, and in my dreams I'm watching some Sky Sports football I've recorded :D

@Goodbye
    You're much too easily annoyed. Maybe we should be feeling sorry for you???
    I've just found out how to put someone on 'Ignore'  :) so it's Goodbye to @Goodbye at last  :D No more seeing their disruptive posts. Thank you Youview forum for making that function available  :)
    edited 2 August 2019, 9:56AM
    ☹.
  • PJL1323PJL1323 Posts: 2Member
    Update has stopped my recording schedule being visible posted in another thread was working ok prior to the update DOH!!!!