Needlessly cryptic tease

StephenStephen Posts: 684Member ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 5 August 2019, 4:32PM in Discussion
7605051 + 7605148 + 15517374 = 1565191800
Keep it under your hats

Comments

• robotmanrobotman Posts: 119Member
    I lost sleep over this last night. That's what you get for checking the forum at 1am! 😴
    Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 269Member
    Confucius once said (or was it Gemma Collins)
    Never text when p####d or after midnight. 
  • LukеLukе Posts: 29Member
    robotman said:
    I lost sleep over this last night. That's what you get for checking the forum at 1am! 😴
    If you mean that you haven't deciphered it in full yet, part of the detail requires the right experience to be able to understand it in full.
  • StephenStephen Posts: 684Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    p.s. you don't actually have to keep it under your hats - if you've worked it out, you're free to tell everyone else!
    Youview.Thread.number + Youview.Thread.number +  15517374 = epoch time
    I wasted 30 minutes last night unsuccessfully unable to decrypt 15517374.  What is the key to understanding 15517374?

Click "Check it out" in this email (or any date in the thread) and look at the URL
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,118Member ✭✭✭
    7605051 tells you what this is all about (it's something that Stephen is rather excited about).
    And I think I understand 7605148 (which is rather rude).
    But so far the rest has got me baffled.
    Any more clues @Stephen?

However I'd just like to throw 7605351 into the mix  (just to prove that I actually do know what this all relates to) ;)

The third one is a comment and the only mention I could find at short notice of something which might interest scrutineers.

With regards to the last bit, Luke did indeed say "epoch time" which is a useful term to look up.

@jimb 7605351 doesn't come up with anything for me - mystery?!

Stephen said:

@jimb 7605351 doesn't come up with anything for me - mystery?!

You would need to have access to the original full URL - ask @Sarah perhaps.  :)
  • scottscott Posts: 1,998Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 August 2019, 9:07PM
    So we are talking ‘jump to time’ and ‘delete search results - especially if about body parts’ :). What about the third and when?
    Click on a permalink (time) to one specific comment for the basis of third. And search for "epoch time" for the last
  • scottscott Posts: 1,998Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 August 2019, 9:33PM
    Ahh so the third is the addition of crid’s, Now just the last bit

edit - last bit 7/8/2019 15:30 GMT 16:30 BST - Watch closely tomorrow maybe :)
    I'm puzzled by the lack of response to this thread. 
    Maybe all the regular contributors to the forum are also triallists and so they feel compelled to say nothing.
    (Or maybe they're confused by all of this  :D
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 August 2019, 11:50PM
     Its the former. B) 
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 269Member
    Or like myself havn't got a clue what your all talking about. 
    jimb said:
    I'm puzzled by the lack of response to this thread. 
    Maybe all the regular contributors to the forum are also triallists and so they feel compelled to say nothing.
    (Or maybe they're confused by all of this  :D
    NDAs are a b1tch :D
    Goodbye said:

Watch this space tomorrow afternoon at 15.30 "precisely".
    Hmm yeah I dunno about precisely! When estimating times I tend to be either slightly pessimistic or wildly optimistic. I reserve the right to hastily change the final part of my "equation" with zero notice or repercussions
    edited 7 August 2019, 1:50PM
    Goodbye said:
    +
    +
    all come together for a possible event 1565191800 seconds after 1st January 1970 00:00 (GMT)
    The assumptions being is that the event is a youview software release, and the functionality of that release will address, or partially address, those three areas of discussion.

Oh look!
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7605354/humax-retail-software-update-32-32-10-3-6-120

Anyway, the third part of the crypticness above is more of a forum-special debug feature, so we haven't put it into the release notes, but I know some people on here enjoy scrutinising broadcast metadata about programmes / series / recordings, so you can now do that if you have an info panel up for any piece of content, then press the colour button combination on your remote: RGB RGB - you'll get DTT CRIDs and locators (and some less-useful YouView-specific identifiers).
    edited 7 August 2019, 5:26PM
    p.s. can I be a bit cheeky, and ask you to just give some feedback either in the main update thread or via our social media channels as to what you think of these mini feature-ettes that we've added in this release (even if you may have already done so as a triallist).

We did these 3 additions under a new initiative for small features and we'd love to know if they're well-received. A positive reaction from users would mean we're able to do more of them and get them out more quickly than before.

Thanks!
    Shame BT are getting so far behind with some of these features :(
    I wouldn't worry about this one.  :)
    robotman said:
    Strange you would say that with you knowing BT have got multiple projects ongoing in the background.  :*  
    edited 14 August 2019, 10:40AM
    Visionman said:
    robotman said:
    Strange you would say that with you knowing BT have got multiple projects ongoing in the background.  :*  
    It's not the number of projects, it's the dragging of heels sometimes in developing these features. I've often suggested, as have a few of my colleagues, on taking on less and concentrating more on prioritised functionality. Just like retail customers there is a core of BT customers would like to see more effort going into restoring some of Old Gen's features.
    I'm fairly certain you knew what I meant.