HDR box in 2020(?)

robotmanrobotman Posts: 119Member
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/Community-Shield-no-HDR/td-p/1959605/highlight/false/page/8
We're working on adding 4K on suitable platforms and HDR we hope will come with the new TV box coming next year.
Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........

Comments

• scottscott Posts: 1,998Member ✭✭✭
    Tell us something we didn’t know...
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 119Member
    scott said:
    Tell us something we didn’t know...
    Well now........... :D
    The last briefing I was privy to had intimated the "hope for a full promotional launch before Christmas". As you must be a bit higher up the food chain than me you may have been aware of the delay to 2020. Of course there will be some who are unaware of future developments as not everyone is in a position to be getting first hand info before the masses :)
  • scottscott Posts: 1,998Member ✭✭✭
    BT have multiple projects (many of which they were hoping to launch about now) that have been delayed by 1-3 months. This has a knock on effect on the other projects due a bit later (that may also have their own development issues). With HDR half launched now (improvements and large screen apps still to come), 4K streams hoping to be delivered in a month or two and NowTV delayed till Christmas (with some stb features and side features also to be delivered along the way). It is easy to see how the new STB will now move into 2020 for launch. Delays, although unfortunate, are inevitable (Sky have their own issues with HDR and NowTV with 1080p and surround sound). When we know things are coming but they get delayed we all get disappointed but it is just part and parcel and we should be thankful we are still seeing major development work still ongoing.
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 119Member
    Thanks @scott I am aware of most of the delays but have been playing catch up on some developments as I'm still on my summer break. Thanks for the heads up 👍