Sony Bravia Android TV: ITV HUB, All4, My5 catchup TV players dont work

New Sony Bravia Android TV. iplayer works fine but the other catch up apps don't. (ITVHub,All4,My5)
They allow you to select a programme, watch the adverts etc but no content will play
Cleared cache, and rebooted the TV as suggested. No change
Tagged:

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,205Administrator admin
    Hi David,

Just to confirm, do you have an aerial plugged into your TV and YouView is enabled on the TV? How is your TV connected to the internet?

Thanks,
    Sarah

• DavidSheardDavidSheard Posts: 5Member
    Hi Sarah

TV is plugged in via aerial.
    YouView is enabled and runs the Guide
    Internet connection is via WiFi running off BT Fibre

Thanks
    David
  • SimonWCooperSimonWCooper Posts: 4Member
    edited 14 August 2019, 2:38PM

Facing same issue on new Sony BRAVIA KD55XG9505.

Youview is configured, working via Ariel.  TV catch up takes you to correct program and attempts to stream. 

4OD: can log in and view programs available but unable to watch.  Buffers but never plays. No error message after waiting a lifetime. :smile:

5OD:  can log in and view programs available but unable to watch.  Error on playback every time: We're sorry, there's a problem with playback of this content.  If this issue continues, please contact us (or return your tv for a Samsung :smile: ).  MPE-1003.  If you continue to see this error, please visit the My5 Help Centre for more information and advice on how to solve. LOL.

ITVHUB: can log in and view programs available but unable to watch.  Error on playback every time:  'Whoops, what's going on here?  it looks like there is a problem playing your video.  We know this is the last thing you want (not really its just annoying :smile: ), so let's retry from the start. (repeat until death :smile:

I have been through several full resets, all forum and google suggestions but nothing resolves the above.

I have contacted Sony, they have not been able to resolve.

BBCIplayer, Netflix, prime all work as expected.

TV is hard wired to router.

I have a youview box from PlusNet with all OD apps and these work as expected.

Simon

*** Further Testing ***
    If you disable youview and download the My5 app (by clicking on My5) the My5 works while youview is disabled.

Both 4OD and ITVHub force you to enable youview.

Then if I enable youview I see two ways to use my5. 
    View My5 via youview catchup (fails with usual error)
    View My5 via App I installed in first step above (works as expected).

So use the My5 app if you want to catchup for Channel 5 rather than using the youview guide until someone fixes the issues.  I set up the shortcut via external inputs for now (you see 2 my5 apps, select the correct one via trial and error)

*** Further Testing ***

Current Status: 
    Youview catchup for My5, 4OD & ITVHub just does not work on this TV.
    My5 app works
    BBC iplayer works

edited 14 August 2019, 2:46PM
    Hi Sarah

TV is plugged in via aerial.
    YouView is enabled and runs the Guide
    Internet connection is via WiFi running off BT Fibre

Thanks
    David
    Hi David, 
    Have you tried a factory reset of the TV yet? If not, I would recommend you try this and let us know if it changes anything with the apps. You can find the instructions for how to do this here. Can you also let us know the model of your TV?

@SimonWCooper - Can you please confirm if you've tried a factory reset on the TV as well? 

Thanks,
    Sarah

edited 14 August 2019, 2:40PM
    I have done a factory reset 9 times and counting.  If you ask me to turn it off and on again then I will fall over with dismay! :wink:
    I have done a factory reset 9 times and counting.  If you ask me to turn it off and on again then I will fall over with dismay! :wink:
    Oh dear sorry to hear that Simon! Can you please let us know which Android version it's running on? The TV software version would also be useful if you can get this, it's usually in the corner when you go to the Help section starting with a PKG. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    edited 15 August 2019, 3:15PM
    Android Version 8
    Kernel 4.9.51
    16/02/2019
    BRAVIA_UR2_4K_EU-USER 8.0.0 OPR2.170623.027.S40 623401
    PKG6.2341.0306EUA
    edited 15 August 2019, 3:22PM
    Casting using 4OD app works ok
    Casting using ITV Hub app works ok
    If you side-load the shortcuts to run the apps in standalone (without the need to enable youview) both 4OD & ITVHUB behave in the same manner (I did another full reset, did not enable youview, side-loaded the shortcuts from Github and the apps behaved in the same way).  So I am convinced the issue is with the youview apps 4OD, ITVHUB & My5 on this TV.(My5 playstore app works fine).  No doubt.  100% Gov....
    Android version 7.0
    Kernel 3.10.79
    Bravia ATV 4K EU user 7.0 NRD91N.S150
    1.6.0.60.50.1.00 release keys
    Thanks for this information both.

@DavidSheard is it possible for you to get the PKG number of your TV? You can find this by pressing the Help button on your remote, the PKG number should be displayed in the top right corner of the screen. It'd also be good for us to know the TV model as well, this is usually on the back of the TV but should also be in the about section of the TV settings. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks a lot @DavidSheard, I'll add this to the information we have so the team looking into it can see.
    Thanks,
    Sarah