Accessing ITV Hub

annapettsannapetts Posts: 2Member
How do I get ITV Hub to work?  I go into Apps - select ITV Hub (the icon) get the wretched adverts and then a message saying 'whoops we can get video right now'?  Why is this - surely this should work right?

Comments

• SarahSarah admin Posts: 1,284Administrator admin
    Hi @annapetts
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    Just to clarify, are you using a YouView box or a Sony TV with YouView on it? It'd be useful for us to know either the box model or the TV model depending on which you are using, these can usually be found on the back of the device.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • annapettsannapetts Posts: 2Member
    Hi, I am using a Sony Bravia Smart TV 43" - sorry, don't know the product code, but YouView is inbuilt and enabled.  If I can't access ITV Hub via the TV - can I attach a freeview box to leap frog this issue and if so, is there a preferred product?
  • BarryWBarryW Posts: 2Member
    Did you ever receive a satisfactory reply? I also have a new Sony Bravia with the same issue, I have tried all of the suggestions searched online without success. There appears to be a huge number of people having this issue which Youview/Sony appear to be ignoring. I would prefer Sony to remove Youview from their products as it is not fit for purpose. If it is not resolved shortly the tv is going back to the supplier as faulty.
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 323Member
    That's the problem, as freeview play is the default service for new TVs (including phoney) they dont see the urgency in revisiting a platform that's almost obsolete in smart TVs. 
  • BarryWBarryW Posts: 2Member
    After a considerable number of issues with the Sony tv and its software it is now packed to be returned to the supplier. Last night whilst watching a previous days programme via Youview the sound muted on three occasions and lost sync on a further occasion. IMO Youview is not fit for purpose.