Connecting equipment

yshelleyyshelley Posts: 1Member
I have a by youview hub, a human free view box and a Sony tv. I am having trouble getting them all connected. I recently changed my free view box s which worked great but since changing to humax free view I just can’t get the equipment up and running together. Any help appreciated 

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 233Member
    Good morning yshelley,
    Welcome to the Youview forum.
    Slight confusion with the autotext/spelling on your pc/tablet. I assume you mean Youview box & BT hub (Router) connected to your Sony tv? Youview don't make a hub (yet). You don't mention which model of Youview box you have. 

I would firstly check the basic connections: Make tv aerial from the aerial socket is plugged correctly into back of Youview Aerial IN & the HDMI (tv viewing/sound) cable is connected from the Youview box to one of the Sony tv's HDMI inputs. Does this make sense so far? Now make sure your Sony TV HDMI input is switched to correct HDMI input via your Sony TV Remote control. 
    You need to make sure your Broadband is working as Youview will not work correctly without this plugged in. Simply plug ethernet lead that you last used from your Router (or Powerline adaptor if you used one of these before?). Hopefully if you have followed all this, you should hopefully be up & running now? 

The only other connection is to plug aerial flylead from Youview OUT to the TV, so the tv has an aerial feed. 

Please let us know how you get on yshelley. If you need more help, I'm sure someone on the forum can help. John L

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Posts: 169Member ✭✭
    John L said:

The only other connection is to plug aerial flylead from Youview OUT to the TV, so the tv has an aerial feed. 

And check that the RF loop through is sent to ON, as it is Off by default, and then the signal can get through to the TV.
  • John LJohn L Posts: 233Member
    Yes I forgot that one Stevef_fr8ys,
    Thank you. Too early in the morning (!). 

Yshelley, just make sure that the RF is turned on within Youview settings menu so that tv tuner has a aerial signal feed RF loop through from Youview aerial OUT to Sony tv IN, if needed. Hopefully everything covered to enable you to watch your Youview again.  Let us know how you get on. Good luck. John L