All channels missing

We've had a recurring problem with our TalkTalk youview box over the past few days: it keeps losing all the channels, and telling us that no freeview channels are available. Tried plugging the aerial lead into the back of the television and the channels are all coming through fine. A retune of the box temporarily fixed the problem, but it keeps happening. Is our box dying? Any advice? 

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,242Administrator admin
    Hi @GarethNegus,
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    Can you please let us know the box model and the software version it's running on? You can find this buy pressing Help and then info on your remote control.
    Can you also please enter your details on the digital UK website and let us know which transmitter you area using? The transmitter name will be in the top section of the results page. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Hi Sarah!

Box: DN370T.02.04.P
    Software: CDS/70.45.159

Digital UK reckons our transmitter is Mendip.

• Any chance of a response to this please?
  • LouiseLouise Posts: 62Administrator admin
    Hi @GarethNegus

Would you be able to try a Maintenance Mode reset? We've found these can help with the odd issue boxes run into. You can find the instructions on how to do this here.

We'd recommend Option 2 (keep recordings) to begin with. Though please bear in mind you may lose all your scheduled recordings and log ins, so we recommend making a note of these before continuing.

Thank you,
    Louise.
  • Thanks - I'm at work at the moment, but I'll try that when I get home.
  • That worked, thanks! Hope it's permanent...
  • That worked for... almost 24 hours. Then around 75% of the channels were gone again. Any other ideas? At the moment I seem to be having to retune on a daily basis, which is a bit frustrating.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,242Administrator admin
    Hi @GarethNegus
    Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with the channels disappearing. Can you please have a look at the channel list on the Digital UK website and let us know which MUX's (channel groups) are disappearing for you? It'd also be useful to know the signal strength and quality for the channels which disappear after you've done a retune to bring them back. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah