BT Software update 32.35.0 / 3.6.128

2»

Comments

• robotmanrobotman Posts: 140Member
    Tim C said:
    So I picked up my Youview remote whilst watching a recording and inadvertedly touched one of the number buttons. Confused me for a second before I realised it's the new "jump around the recording" option built into this release.
    So I know about this as do others here and on the other forums discussing the Youview boxes but what about the other 99% of users who have no idea about this change?
    I know it's probably not something that's commonplace when it comes to TV providers equipment but why not introduce functionality whereby a pop-up appears on screen after an update, most likely that would be the first time the consumer takes their box out of standby following an overnight update, with details of what's new, or even a simple link to the website which details the content of said updates. It works in devices such as the Nvidia Shield etc so why not our other AV equipment? After all, there's only a handful of us on here, so the vast majority probably have no idea of what other tricks their devices can manage. Just a thought, bizarre or otherwise >:)
    Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........
  • WilfHWilfH Posts: 38Member
    robotman said:
    Tim C said:
    So I picked up my Youview remote whilst watching a recording and inadvertedly touched one of the number buttons. Confused me for a second before I realised it's the new "jump around the recording" option built into this release.
    So I know about this as do others here and on the other forums discussing the Youview boxes but what about the other 99% of users who have no idea about this change?
    I know it's probably not something that's commonplace when it comes to TV providers equipment but why not introduce functionality whereby a pop-up appears on screen after an update, most likely that would be the first time the consumer takes their box out of standby following an overnight update, with details of what's new, or even a simple link to the website which details the content of said updates. It works in devices such as the Nvidia Shield etc so why not our other AV equipment? After all, there's only a handful of us on here, so the vast majority probably have no idea of what other tricks their devices can manage. Just a thought, bizarre or otherwise >:)
    Or why not point to the help area and have the release noted available from there permanently on the box itself. 

Great idea. 

Wilf
  • robin0800robin0800 Posts: 51Member

This from the software update announcement. Did you not read it? 

Jump to Time
    You can now skip 10% increments on your recording playback by pressing a number on the keypad.
    The recording is split into 10 parts so pressing ‘5’ on the keypad will skip playback to 50%, while 3 will skip 30%.

• robotmanrobotman Posts: 140Member
    robin0800 said:

This from the software update announcement. Did you not read it? 

Jump to Time

You can now skip 10% increments on your recording playback by pressing a number on the keypad.

The recording is split into 10 parts so pressing ‘5’ on the keypad will skip playback to 50%, while 3 will skip 30%.

I respectfully suggest you go back and read over the last few posts again. We're not talking about the website which we know about. We're talking about functionality on the box which would alert the majority of users who don't use these sites of changes to their software.
    Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........
  • steviejaysteviejay Posts: 28Member
    Even just a notice to say the system software has been updated is enough for those wishing to seek out the changelog. The last one was the 'harmonisation' update when all the BT/TalkTalk boxes became YouView boxes. That actually had like a 'welcome to youview' tutorial IIRC.

Not necessary unless there is a major revamp, people like to just get on and use stuff. Hopefully the UI remains fairly intuitive but the notes insightful to those bothered to learn shortcuts and advanced features.
  • mb1mb1 Posts: 7Member
    Bad news I am afraid with this release. For two nights running now, my box has been on "recording rampage".

On Channel 4 HD (from Ridge Hill) on Tuesday night, it attempted to record 'Snackmasters' but didn't stop when it ended. It only stopped when I powered off the unit. The duration of the file was 22 hours!

Same thing again last night with either 'The Apprentice' on BBC One HD or 'The Apprentice: You're Fired' on BBC Two HD. I came down this morning at 5.30am to find the red record light still on and the box recording something. So, I powered it off again.

Both programmes were series linked and set after this latest update. 
  • steviejaysteviejay Posts: 28Member
    As as pointed out to me previously via PM the loss of HD channels from the guide on the T2100 is still occurring in this release. The last event was sometime between Tuesday PM and Wednesday PM.
  • SarahSarah admin Posts: 1,284Administrator admin
    mb1 said:
    Bad news I am afraid with this release. For two nights running now, my box has been on "recording rampage".

On Channel 4 HD (from Ridge Hill) on Tuesday night, it attempted to record 'Snackmasters' but didn't stop when it ended. It only stopped when I powered off the unit. The duration of the file was 22 hours!

Same thing again last night with either 'The Apprentice' on BBC One HD or 'The Apprentice: You're Fired' on BBC Two HD. I came down this morning at 5.30am to find the red record light still on and the box recording something. So, I powered it off again.

Hi @mb1,
    Thanks for reporting this. Can you please confirm your YouView box mode so we can look into this further? It'd also be helpful for us if you can send me a private message with your box serial number in. This can be found on the sticker on the bottom of the box. To send me a message, just click my username and then click 'Message' (next to the little envelope) when you get to my profile. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • mb1mb1 Posts: 7Member
    Sarah said:
    mb1 said:

Hi @mb1,
    Thanks for reporting this. Can you please confirm your YouView box mode so we can look into this further? It'd also be helpful for us if you can send me a private message with your box serial number in.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah

All sent. The box was also recording more than one thing at the time it went on the rampage, if that helps. They were all HD channels, either BBC or Channel 4.