Britbox on YouView before end of year

scottscott ✭✭✭Posts: 2,002Member ✭✭✭

I suppose it should have been inevitable but nice it have it confirmed.

https://advanced-television.com/2019/09/27/britbox-confirms-distribution-partners/

YouView set-top boxes will also be hosting the BritBox app by the end of 2019, making the new streaming service accessible to millions of additional households across the nation.

“We are excited to be a launch partner for BritBox in the UK,” declared Susie Buckridge, CEO, YouView. “At a time when UK produced television is going from strength to strength, BritBox brings a fantastic array of UK television, to compliment the SVoD services already available via YouView, which our users will love.”

Comments

• GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 323Member
    I for one will not be subscribing, it really does not bring anything new to the table

• VisionmanVisionman ✭✭✭ Posts: 9,509Member ✭✭✭
    Its going to be on everything. So many will.
    edited 28 September 2019, 1:51AM
    Like I player and ITV hub are everywhere?

Disney , apple (and possibly HBO) are also launching around the same time with massive budgets for new original content.

ITV (90% owners of Britbox) will really have to up their game.

Also it's amazing that from inception to arriving on youview, Britbox took less then a year to set up while the alleged full now TV deal is nowhere to be seen or even mentioned after 2 years. 
  • DarrenDarren ✭✭ Posts: 286Member ✭✭
    I don't think I will be subscribing to Britbox. 
    I more looking at when Disney + will come to the UK.
    The now I'm happy just having Netflix as well as Amazon Prime Video and BT TV.

Darren
    edited 30 September 2019, 9:16AM
    Through my youview boxes I get

Netflix

Prime 

Now TV movies 

Plus I have a sky sports season ticket for the now stick
    (bargain at £199 for the whole season)

Really cant envisage Britbox tempting me to rush out and sign up.