Records only a few seconds of a programme

WhatNameIsAvailableWhatNameIsAvailable Posts: 1Member
edited 5 October 2019, 4:28PM in Support
Sometimes my YouView box only records a few seconds of a programme, then says the playback is finished. There is plenty of space on the drive. I can't trust it now, which not good for F1 and the Rugby World Cup. Any advice much appreciated. 

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 255Member

Hi whatnameIsavaliable, welcome to the forum.

Have you thought about resetting your Youview box by exploring the maintenance mode? Just go along carefully & you should be able to fix problem.  Try Option 2 first, that keeps recording & does a Factory reset. The only other problem if this doesn't correct problem is Hard drive is corrupted & either needs formating or is faulty if an old hard drive. Worth trying all options (without delete recordings) in maintenance mode first.

All clearly explained in the link: 

EXTERNAL (i.e. you need to use external menu procedure) Maintenance mode:
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

By the time you have done all this hopefully your box will be recording. BEFORE starting, don't forget to make a note of your schedules. They are stored in the cloud & should come back automatically, but worth noting in case they don't. PLEASE let the forum know how you get on. If you have more problems, contact Sarah/Louise who work at Youview Monday morning. John L