Cannot get the seven day catch up to work.

MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 196Member
Hello,
I have the following problem cannot get the seven day catch up to work this does not work at all it does not work on any channels.

the box is running the latest software.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Matthew

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 255Member
    Hi Matthew,
    Welcome to the forum. Trying to get an idea of your problem. Did everything work ok before?

First thing I would do is check broadband connection is working ok. Go into Youview settings & check internet is working. On your remote there is a "Help" button that will link you to loads of info to help check connections etc. Another thing to do is a hard reset. Press power button for 8 seconds. At the top of this screen is a search bar for typing in any problems: "reset", "maintenance mode (more advanced options if needed)", etc etc. 

Do your Powerline adaptors work ok (if used)? One way to check is to swap one with another device you use with powerline adaptors. If still not working, reboot router. I have tried to cover most angles that I have experienced with Youview & also other Humax equipment. Hopefully a solution there somewhere.

If you still have problems, please come back for more advice. PLEASE let forum how you get on. John L
  • MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 196Member
    Hi John
    thank you for your welcome, I have always had this problem have check all the broadband connections and rebooted the router but this did not fix the problem, BT have replaced the box but still have the problem.

Also John I have other problems with the box, can I log these with you.

thanks

Matthew
  • John LJohn L Posts: 255Member
    Hi Matthew,
    No you need to log problems directly with Sarah and Louise, who work full time at Youview. Simply send a message to their mailbox. They hopefully be able to help/advise further. Hope you get problem sorted. John L
  • SarahSarah admin Posts: 1,284Administrator admin
    Hi @MATTHEW
    If you're a customer with BT, we would recommend that you log any issues that you experience with them as they will be able to provide more detailed support due to them having access to your account details. 
    We would suggest giving a maintenance mode option 2 a go (the one that keeps your recordings) to see if this helps at all, if not, give BT a call and they should be able to assist you further. Instructions for maintenance mode can be found here
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • VisionmanVisionman ✭✭✭ Posts: 9,509Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @MATTHEW,
    You have over a period of time had constant problems not only with catch-up but with internet channels as well, which both Roy and I have helped you with. Yet still they persist.

You have a BT T2100, but how are you connected and whats your internet speed?