Youview box wants to retune everytime I put it on

JanieJanie Posts: 2Member
Can anyone help? I don't know how to resolve this. My box seems to want to retune everytime I put it on. 

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 305Member
    Hi Janie,
    Welcome to the forum. What do you mean by "my box seems to want to retune"? Can you give a little bit more information? Have you done all the basic checks: made sure aerial is connected correctly, broadband cable is also connected & working correctly? Hopefully someone can help you. John L
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,348Administrator admin
    edited 22 October 2019, 4:14PM
    Hi @Janie
    Can you please explain in a bit more detail as to what you mean by the box keeps wanting to retune itself? Do you have the aerial plugged in and working correctly? (i.e. you can plug the aerial into the TV instead of the YouView box and it can receive channels). It'd also be useful to know your YouView box model and the software it's running on. This can be found in the settings under Device Information and Software Information. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • JanieJanie Posts: 2Member
    My ex husband plugged my TV Ariel into the box. Model is DTRT2000. Component software 3.6.142, manufacturers software 32.35.10.  
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,348Administrator admin
    Hi @Janie
    Thanks for this information. When you say the box keeps wanting to retune when you turn it on, do you get an error code showing up or anything like that telling you that there is a problem with the signal? Have you tried plugging the aerial into the TV instead to see if you get the same issue there? 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • mike_taylormike_taylor Posts: 16Member
    Could it be the message that was on the emley moor transmitter last week that a retune could be required on 23rd october.