Aerial Output socket disabled upon receipt of box

I spent 2 hours chatting on line to customer support when receiving my new box (old one wore out!).  We could not work out why we could only watch our TV through the box and not when the box was turned off.  After this lengthy chat the customer service agent decided that the aerial output socket was faulty.  They sent out another box, but not before they suggested I paid for it......  I did not by the way!  Again we set it up and again we could not watch the TV without the box being on.  After a lot of frustration I decided to go on to this community and there it was in black and white YOU HAVE TO ENABLE THE AERIAL OUTPUT SOCKET in my settings on these new boxes as a default they come as disabled.  Why oh why then are the customer services agents not trained up on this?  Not good.  Has cost them money to send out yet another box, my time having to post the box back when it was not faulty.  I have lost all my recordings and have in total probably lost another good 3.5 hours of my life talking to them and trying to set up the system, that I will never get back, all because they did not know that it comes as disabled.  This is a serious training lapse and needs to be put right otherwise it will really upset people and they will move to other providers.

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 305Member
    Hi MfromNorfolk, welcome to the forum.
    Glad you were able to resolve. But very bad service from helpdesk(!) I assume this was with either BT or Talk Talk? Maybe the member of staff only started yesterday?! It's a very simple fix & yes the Youview box should have a default setting, but doesn't in the software design. (Maybe an idea for software engineers to include?) Just for future reference, if you ever reset box, you may need to reset again. Every time I have to reset a Youview box: (we have 3 in our home) they all have to be reset. I keep a check list of settings: RF on, EPG menu transparency off (makes me feel ill looking at picture behind screen), Recordings prompt ON, Autodelete OFF. What a pain! Glad you were able to resolve. John L
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 336Time out
    Helpdesk is perhaps being too kind.

They read from a script never deviating and to make things worse English is often not their first language. 

To me these alleged helpdesk's are a last resort. 
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,348Administrator admin
    Hi @MfromNorfolk
    Welcome to the forum.
    We're sorry to hear that you've not had a great experience with this issue although we're glad you were able to find the forum and resolve the issue. We can feedback this to the ISP you were dealing with to help them improve their services, can you please let us know if you are using BT, TalkTalk or Plusnet and the box model you have?
    Thanks,
    Sarah