Uktvplay

TerriWTerriW Posts: 1Member
Hi. Really channel is no longer on the uktvplay. Does anyone know why? 

Comments

• AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 794Member ✭✭✭
    edited 31 October 2019, 1:07AM
    Hello @TerriW ,
    Really has moved to Dplay, formally Quest player, together with the Home and Food channels as part of the UK TV split up between the BBC and Discovery network. This is due to the forthcoming Britbox streaming service which the BBC is about to launch.
    Sadly, Dplay is not available on the YouView platform, but is available on other devices and smart TV's. Those Freeview channels will still be available on YouView though. 
    Hope this helps
    John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,527Member ✭✭✭
    Its not all bad news, I'm pleased to say. Britbox will be joining the YouView platform when it launches, but theres no date for that yet.
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 336Time out
    Visionman said:
    Its not all bad news, I'm pleased to say. Britbox will be joining the YouView platform when it launches, but theres no date for that yet.
    You need to work on your definition of " bad news" 

Many would consider paying for something that was once available free as not really on the good news list. 
    Goodbye said:

Many would consider paying for something that was once available free as not really on the good news list. 
    In the context of this thread the catch up channels that have moved to Dplay are still available free of charge!
    John.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
    What part of " not available on youview " are you struggling with?
    Goodbye said:
    Well since I made that comment, I don't think I'm struggling with it in any way.
    I Suggest you go back to the top of the thread and reread it.
    John.
    Really is on Dplay

Really is no longer available free to view on youview 

So whatever context you're using it is a loss to youview users 

Simple as

• jimbjimb Posts: 1,138Member ✭✭✭
    Two comments from Goodbye:

You need to work on your definition of " bad news" 

Both arrogant, patronising and condescending.

@Goodbye *you need* to read the Community Guidelines:
    12. Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments, hostile or insulting interaction, as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don’t agree with it, say why – respectfully. Don’t just tell them they’re wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc.When an opinion-based discussion is being had, do not state things like “there is no argument” as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like “Are you serious?” and “Are you kidding me?” Remember, this is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each post to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it contains a valid, well thought out opinion.

And in case the penny hasn't yet dropped, the huge decline in activity on this forum is very largely due to your presence and these kind of comments.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    edited 1 November 2019, 10:12AM
    Indeed; some of you may have noticed that I have largely transferred my allegiances to a Community where the moderation is a little firmer than it has become here.

And my query about the ability of posters on here to give anonymous Disagrees with impunity, which I thought was a bug that was going to be fixed, has gone unacknowledged and unanswered, let alone unfixed.

I clocked my 7-year badge two days ago; I have little appetite for an 8-year badge in a place where, so to speak, the lunatics have been allowed to take over the asylum.
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,527Member ✭✭✭
    edited 1 November 2019, 10:22AM
    I've been wondering that as well. What IS going on with the anonymous Disagree function? It was said it would be looked into and then feedback given?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,348Administrator admin
    Hi all, 

I've sent you a DM regarding the issues you've raised so we can try and keep this thread on-topic regarding the Really channel :) 
    Thanks,
    Sarah