On-screen messages about retuning

jimbjimb Posts: 1,143Member ✭✭✭
Both my boxes told me to retune a little while ago, which I dutifully did.
Today lots of channels were missing and I had to retune again.
No on-screen message today.
 :( 

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 322Member
    Hi jimb,
    So what is the problem? Have the missing channels reappeared after retune or still not able to receive them? John L
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,143Member ✭✭✭
    John L said:
    Hi jimb,
    So what is the problem? Have the missing channels reappeared after retune or still not able to receive them? John L
    The messages indicated that by retuning at that time there would be no need to do this at a later date.
    But this didn't happen so not a very helpful message.
    And then no message today when it would have been helpful.
    I suspect that the problem is that the transmitter changes are happening on various different dates, and my boxes didn't know the correct date for my location.
    Maybe something that the YouView team could investigate to make these messages more reliable in the future?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,361Administrator admin
    Hi @jimb
    Was the initial retune prompt you saw was on the 30th October? We can feed this back to Digital UK as they issue the retune notification signals.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sarah said:
    Hi @jimb
    Was the initial retune prompt you saw was on the 30th October? We can feed this back to Digital UK as they issue the retune notification signals.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sorry @Sarah - I'm not sure when the first message happened.
    Actual retune date was last Wednesday but there was no message.
    Every day since then my T2000 has told me to retune but I ignored this because I knew it wasn't necessary.
    Yesterday I gave in and did the retune.
    Today when I started the box it went into retuning all by itself.
     :(