You view itv hub problems

I have a talk talk you view box which works perfectly except ithe winter let me connectell to itv hub. BBC I player is fine so it's not the box or the Internet.  Can anyone help? 😧

Comments

  • John LJohn L Posts: 317Member
    Hi Lulu2019,
    Welcome to the forum. What do you mean by "Winter"& "connectell"? 
    Unless you have mistyped & mean something else? Perhaps give a little bit more detail & hopefully someone can help. John L
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,536Member ✭✭✭
    edited 17 November 2019, 4:38PM
    "I have a talk talk you view box which works perfectly except in the winter. Won't let me connect to itv hub."

    You may have a physical break in your telephone line and you need to get Openreach to check it out. If not, its a fault with the Hub not your box.
  • RoyBRoyB Posts: 30Member
    Lulu2019 said: (or meant to say, I think)
    I have a TalkTalk YouView box which works perfectly except it won’t  let me connect to itv hub. BBC iPlayer is fine, so it's not the box or the Internet.  Can anyone help? 😧
    Do you have itv tuned in on your YouView box? If not, you can’t connect to the itv hub.

    Are you by any chance in Scotland? Having STV instead of itv can also do this.

    Has it ever worked?
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,319Member ✭✭✭
    An excellent first post @RoyB. Welcome to the forum.
  • RoyBRoyB Posts: 30Member
    Thank you @jonesh.

    Perhaps I should mention that I am Roy, locked out of my regular account by some inability on YouView's part to send a password change email to the email account I use there  :'(

    I’ll try to sort this out tomorrow, and drop this temporary alter ego....
  • John LJohn L Posts: 317Member
    edited 22 November 2019, 11:05AM
    Hi Roy (B) Never mind the Youview Hub problems, have Youview HQ manged to rescue you from the "parallel universe" login, back to the "original Roy" (without the "B")? Come on Youview team,  this is very unfair on loyal forum long standing members. Soon be back to normal Roy! John L
  • RoyBRoyB Posts: 30Member
    John L said:
    Hi Roy (B) Never mind the Youview Hub problems, have Youview HQ manged to rescue you from the "parallel universe" login, back to the "original Roy" (without the "B")? Come on Youview team,  this is very unfair on loyal forum long standing members. Soon be back to normal Roy! John L
    Cheers @John L

    But the ball is in my court at the moment, as there seems to be some problem with my email account, not of YouView’s making, that this kerfuffle with Vanilla has exacerbated, and I am unable to emulate Lord Boreal at the moment  :'(
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,357Administrator admin
    RoyB said:
    John L said:
    Hi Roy (B) Never mind the Youview Hub problems, have Youview HQ manged to rescue you from the "parallel universe" login, back to the "original Roy" (without the "B")? Come on Youview team,  this is very unfair on loyal forum long standing members. Soon be back to normal Roy! John L
    Cheers @John L

    But the ball is in my court at the moment, as there seems to be some problem with my email account, not of YouView’s making, that this kerfuffle with Vanilla has exacerbated, and I am unable to emulate Lord Boreal at the moment  :'(
    Hi @RoyB 
    I sent you an email regarding this last week (to the email one your new account), did you receive it? Since you weren't receiving our emails on your other email and nothing from the forum side either, we're not sure if the emails or key words have been inadvertently blacklisted so need putting onto a safe list/white list. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • RoyBRoyB Posts: 30Member
    edited 25 November 2019, 10:53PM
    Sarah said:
    I sent you an email regarding this last week (to the email one your new account), did you receive it? Since you weren't receiving our emails on your other email and nothing from the forum side either, we're not sure if the emails or key words have been inadvertently blacklisted so need putting onto a safe list/white list. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Yes, thanks Sarah, I got it. And also got a stinking cold that has fuzzed my brain up good. So, sorry that I am not operating up to my usual standard  :'(

    But nevertheless, I’ve just sent you a PM saying what I think the problem is.
Sign In or Register to comment.