Sarah what's going on here

My original account is Daniel and it's not letting me log into it at all can you please sort this out because it's really annoying I have had this login for years I get this when I try to login trouble is my email address on the Daniel account is old so whatever has happened here has locked me out of my own account. I'm a long time user and I'm surprised this has happened @Sarah

Comments

• I'm guessing @Roy has a similar issue because I have noticed a new @RoyB account what's going on here @Sarah
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 955Member ✭✭
    I experienced the same issue this evening with my account  although  I have eventually recovered it.
  • RoyBRoyB Posts: 30Member
    I'm guessing @Roy has a similar issue because I have noticed a new @RoyB account what's going on here @Sarah
    Correct. When you click the ‘here’ in that message, you get a password change link, and you have to respond to an email that YouView send to your associated account. A route that @zulu17 has perhaps gone down, got the email, and rescued himself.

But I never get the email - and @Sarah has mentioned that she was getting rejections from this account when attempting to contact me, and I don’t get copies of YouView posts any more, so something has gone wrong here.

Which leaves me locked out of my account  :'(

But I’m still getting lots of other email, and YouView seems to be the only thing that has stopped, and the messages are being bounced at or before my email provider.

I need to see some headers from bounced mail.....
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 152Member
    edited 19 November 2019, 11:35PM
    Good evening guys. I reset my password, or rather I used the same one, upon following the reset link.
    This would appear to be a Vanilla issue as the same thing happened over the weekend, at the same time the issue began here, over on the Digital Spy forum. There's a thread here discussing it https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2207363/ds-forums-faq-updates-changes-bug-reports/p213 beginning at #5324
    Digital Spy forum users also complaining about the new way Vanilla has of displaying notifications. You can read about that from a couple of pages back of the above linked thread. Clicking on Notifications above sees this forum displaying notifications in the same lengthy muddled manner.

Dipping in and out. More out than in :D
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 797Member ✭✭✭
    I got locked out over the weekend. I did get password reset emails, but clicking the link gave me Your token has expired errors. I had to email Youview to get my password reset so that I could get back into my account.
    John
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 443Member ✭✭
    I did exactly the same as @robotman , only took a few moments.
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,951Member ✭✭✭
    Louise got back to a email I sent and I'm back to been me. 
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Posts: 71Administrator admin
    Hi all,

Vanilla deployed a fix over the weekend for an issue they found, which also resulted in all users having their passwords reset. This was done as a precaution to prevent further issues.

You can read more about it on their status page.

For those having difficulty resetting passwords, receiving the links etc. it may be that you have blocked notifications from the forum via your email provider, please check any blacklisted emails. If you are still having difficulty accessing the reset password link, drop us an email at [email protected] and we can look into it further for you.

Thank you,
    Louise.

• DarrenDarren Posts: 291Member ✭✭
    edited 20 November 2019, 12:29PM
    I have been having simmer problems with keep getting signed off on here the last day or so  and same thing is happening with me over on the Digital Spy forum since Saturday. Sometimes I can login in to Digital Spy but if I go back to the forums I fine I been logged off again and sometimes it takes me a few trys before I can log back in. Not managed to log in to a Digital Soy forums the day however and password reset on there has not work this time.

Darren
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,536Member ✭✭✭
    All the above happened to me too but I managed to reset my password with a new one.