No record button on mobile

I can see my guide on my mobile i then select a program which i want to record but there is no record button screen, can anyone advise.

Comments

• RoyBRoyB Posts: 30Member
    edited 2 December 2019, 6:30PM
    keithreb said:
    I can see my guide on my mobile i then select a program which i want to record but there is no record button screen, can anyone advise.
    Greetings @keithreb and welcome to the Community!
    Have you paired the app with your YouView box?
    https://support.youview.com/mobile-app/set-up/setting-up-the-youview-app/
    Have you chosen a programme that is not completely in the past?
    edited 2 December 2019, 6:36PM
    Greetings @keithreb and welcome to the Community! 

Have you paired your app with your YouView box?
    Have you chosen a programme to record that is not completely in the past?
    keithreb said:
    Have you paired it with your YouView box?
    Have you chosen a programme that is not entirely in the past?
    Have you paired it with your YouView box?
    Have you chosen a programme that is not entirely in the past?
  • keithrebkeithreb Posts: 5Member
    Roy thanks for coming back, i have paired it as i can see my guide and i have looked to record future programs.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 797Member ✭✭✭
    edited 3 December 2019, 10:29AM
    keithreb said:
    Roy thanks for coming back, i have paired it as i can see my guide and i have looked to record future programs.
    Hello @keithreb ,

So just to be clear you are not seeing the reminder and record icons at the top of the screen?
    John.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
    And to be doubly clear - as you will always see a Guide in the app - when you press the hamburger (the three horizontal bars top left) and choose Settings, you can see that pairing, as here?

Roy no i cant see that, i have started again and my initial issue is that my quick sign in states that there is an unexpected error. I then connected using email and password, i was able then to see guide but nothing to show my settings. If that makes sense?
    Just changed from talktalk tv app to youview app and it has now connected and working.
    keithreb said:
    Just changed from talktalk tv app to youview app and it has now connected and working.
    Glad you got it working. But the TalkTalk app is just a reskinned YouView one mostly, so:-

Here’s the Guide. The hamburger is the three-bar icon top left. 

Tap it and you get:-

Where you can se the options on the left and the bottom one is Settings, so tap that, and you get:-

Where you can see my T4000 (rather optimistically ascribed to TalkTalk by the literals in the App) with the option to disconnect it being the slightly strange way the app tells you it is paired.

The MORE INFO link goes nowhere, on the YouView site:-

Somebody in YouView or TalkTalk might want to look at fixing that......
    Thanks for your help, i will try the talktalk tv app again but am happy to use the youview one for the time being. From your info it now seems obvious that i hadnt paired properly.