Amazon Prime Video App

c4johndc4johnd Posts: 3Member
I have two Humax boxes, a retail DRTR2000 and a BT mini-box which I think is a re-branded Humax DB-T2200.

The BT mini-box has the Amazon Prime Video app installed, but it is absent from the other box, the DRTR2000. The DRTR2000 says all apps are installed and up to date.

Is there any thing I can do to install the Prime Video app onto the DRTR2000?

Notes:  My HD Sony TV is 10 years old and has no internet connection.  I do have an Amazon Firestick connected to the Sony TV but my Mrs struggles with it switching to it.

Cheers. 

Comments

• RoyBRoyB Posts: 30Member
    c4johnd said:
    I have two Humax boxes, a retail DRTR2000 and a BT mini-box which I think is a re-branded Humax DB-T2200.

The BT mini-box has the Amazon Prime Video app installed, but it is absent from the other box, the DRTR2000. The DRTR2000 says all apps are installed and up to date.

Is there any thing I can do to install the Prime Video app onto the DRTR2000?

Notes:  My HD Sony TV is 10 years old and has no internet connection.  I do have an Amazon Firestick connected to the Sony TV but my Mrs struggles with it switching to it.

Cheers. 

No, the T2000 follows the retail update path, and the T2200 the BT update path, based on the model type and who commissioned it, regardless of your ISP.

And Prime Video is currently a BT-YouView-only thing, though you might hope for the retail box to get it in some later update.

For the Firestick, you should enable BraviaSync on the Sony TV, if it is not already enabled, and tell you wife that to use the Firestick, she should first put the YouView box and the TV into standby (which she probably knows as ‘switching them off’).
    And then, press the centre button on the Firestick remote, at which it should wake up the Stick, which will in turn wake up the TV and switch it to the HDMI input the Firestick is on.

(It might do this if she blips the centre button on the Firestick without switching anything off first, but whether this works or not depends on your history of channel selection on the TV since you last took it out of standby. The recommendation above is more reliable).
  • c4johndc4johnd Posts: 3Member
    edited 3 December 2019, 10:38AM
    Thanks for identifying the two update routes - that explains the differences between the available apps on the boxes. 
    I'm afraid the Sony Bravia TV seems to pre-date any BraviaSync menu option though pressing the "Home" button on the Firestick does immediately select and switch to the HDMI input for the Firestick.
    Trying to teach my wife how the two TV setups are configured, the differences between them and how to operate them is probably beyond the remit of this forum!