can't install on britbox on youview

I've seen here that britbox on youview will be operational when bribox goes live. Well it's live now so what is the launch date.

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Posts: 967Member ✭✭
    The statement I believe from Britbox was

At launch Britbox is available on web (britbox.co.uk) and via dedicated apps for Apple (iOS) and Android phones/tablets as well as Samsung Smart TV and Apple TV (TVOS).  Support for Freeview Play and YouView will be added this year with more connected TV platforms & devices to be added in 2020. 

• zulu17zulu17 Posts: 967Member ✭✭
    By the way the Britbox app on the Samsung TV currently gives a promotional 90 Day trial code , for new registrations by 10 December.
  • I have a bt youview box and bt broadband and for bt not supporting bt customers is nothing less than tragic. I'm still on britbox free trial but will cancel soon and when my bt broadband contract runs out I WILL NOT RENEW. Get your act together BT!!!! I want nothing to do with BT anymore.  GOODBYE YOU INCOMPETENT LOT.  
  • John LJohn L Posts: 372Member
    edited 8 December 2019, 11:04AM
    Gosh you come across as a very impatient person MrFixit700! I'm sure you are a very nice person, but screaming on the Youview forum is not going to get you anywhere. Is this how you approach/communicate with Sale staff in a dept store? Yes I used to work in retail many years ago.
    Britbox has only just been released, in time it will reach the Youview platform, might not suit your timetable, but have a bit of patience. There are more important things in life than just Britbox. Fixing/improving some of the bugs in the original Youview design. John L
  • RoyBRoyB Posts: 51Member
    @MrFixit700

If you want to vent at BT, this is the wrong place to do it.

Come to think of it, anyplace is the wrong place to vent.

But if you wanted to make a nice and gentle enquiry about progress with this new initiative for buying what you have already paid for, the place to go is

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-TV/ct-p/BTVision
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,562Member ✭✭✭
    I have a bt youview box and bt broadband and for bt not supporting bt customers is nothing less than tragic. I'm still on britbox free trial but will cancel soon and when my bt broadband contract runs out I WILL NOT RENEW. Get your act together BT!!!! I want nothing to do with BT anymore.  GOODBYE YOU INCOMPETENT LOT.  

Thats a very angry post. Yet you said this -

"I'm still on britbox free trial but will cancel soon and when my bt broadband contract runs out."

A contradiction surely as you already have it?
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 160Member
    If you're going to vent at anyone, and as others have already pointed out 'venting' usually doesn't get you very far in life, it's Britbox you need to have words with. It's their app after all, Youview is only a platform, and it's up to Britbox to develop an app for inclusion on whatever platforms they choose to be on.
    "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth"
  • croftcroft Posts: 29Member
    Britbox app will just appear soon I’ve been told ..... they’re still planning before Christmas so the Britbox uk online team have suggested.....
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,562Member ✭✭✭
    croft said:
    Britbox app will just appear soon I’ve been told ..... they’re still planning before Christmas so the Britbox uk online team have suggested.....

So what? Its already available which you already know. Its a complaint about nothing!