Humax T2100 - no internet

Hi, I'm using powerlines to connect my box to the router. This has been working fine up to this point. A few days ago the box lost connection and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. I know the issue is not the box because I tried a spare I had and the same issue persits.

Is there anything I should try before buying new powerlines? I have Virgin Media internet if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Comments

• redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭
    Hi @dannyufcfan and welcome.  :)

Try a direct ethernet cable connection from the box to the router, that should help to narrow things down.
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Hi, I'm using powerlines to connect my box to the router. This has been working fine up to this point. A few days ago the box lost connection and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. I know the issue is not the box because I tried a spare I had and the same issue persits.

Is there anything I should try before buying new powerlines? I have Virgin Media internet if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Hi dannyufcfan, 
    I agree with redchiz, but have you also tried resetting/repairing the powerline adaptors? They can sometimes go wrong & lose their code. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Thanks for answers, guys. I have tried restarting the powerlines, but no luck. They look like to me that there are working fine, but, I guess there could be something wrong with them. They are years old at this stage.

I would try an ethernet cable, it's going to take me a few days, though, as I need to buy a really long one. The router is in the other room and I can't move that.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 December 2019, 10:33PM
    @dannyufcfan

You need to try a flight of restarts. But first ensure the PLAs are in a wall socket, not on an extension lead, and very close to one another, which will probably involve unplugging the one near the YouView box and taking it to be near the other one.

Power them all down, including the router and the YouView box.

Power up the router and let it settle.
    Then power up the PLA nearest thé router and let it settle.
    Then power up the other PLA and let it settle.

Then power down the second PLA, and put it back with the YouView box, ensuring the PLA is directly in a wall socket.
    Power it up again and let it settle. 

Finally, power up the YouView box and let it settle.
    If connectivity is re-established, fine.
    But if not, press the On/Standby button on the box for just over 8 seconds, and let it soft reboot.
    See if it will now connect.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Well explained Roy. Hopefully this will solve problem. I think you have covered every angle. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • dannyufcfandannyufcfan Member Posts: 4
    edited 16 December 2019, 11:09PM
    I'll give that a go tomorrow. Thanks Roy.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭
    John L said:
    Well explained Roy. Hopefully this will solve problem. I think you have covered every angle. John L
    Cheers @John L

It should work if the issue is just setup; but it won’t if one of the devices in the chain is actually faulty.

But if it doesn’t work, we can be fairly sure that is what @dannyufcfan is looking at.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • @Roy Thanks for the advice, it worked. Somehow the powerlines had become unlinked.