Passing cars affect youview signal

Our youview box has started cutting out when cars pass our house.
If we watch Freeview through the inbuilt TV channels it doesn't happen.
If we watch Freeview through the youview box, especially on HD, it cuts out every few minutes, mainly when cars drive past. The screen goes black or freezes and the sound breaks up.
When you open the guide, the guide isn't affected, but the background picture still breaks up.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭
    @clarebee123

That’s normally the sign of a very weak signal. It doesn’t affect the guide, as that largely comes over the Internet.

Is this on an indoor aerial?

Go to Settings on your box, find the option that shows Signal Strength and Signal Quality, and report these values here for a few affected channels.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • @Roy
    Thank you for your reply. It mainly affects the HD channels, but the signal strength sits at around 93% and the signal quality sits at around 100%, then when a car passes, both numbers go briefly down to 0%.
    The aerial is on the roof of our bungalow.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭
    @clarebee123

Strange, but not impossible. It seems that you are getting a reflected TV signal in the first place which the cars interrupt, or the cars reflect the signal and confuse the YouView box. But not your TV. Hmmm.

I happen to know a professional tuner designer who Humax could profit from having a word with.....

But in the meantime, have a word with a local aerial fitter who knows the area you live in. He may be able to fix something, add a booster, replace, resite or realign the aerial, stick it on a longer pole, or make some other improvement that will cure this problem.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one