Talk-talk tv on EE network

How can I get my taltalk tv box to work through my EE network ? I need to get into the setup but if I push the talktalk button on the remote I just get yvm102 code. I can get all the normal channels but can’t get any of the free channels that I could through talktalk. Not using talktalk as they don’t operate in this area....

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 595 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Northnorfolk,
    The remote is for the Talktalk service, not EE network (might sound a silly answer, but true), hence why you get an error message as box is not connected correctly to the ISP service intended. All the other functions on the remote should work ok once you have reset your box correctly. You won't get any more channels unless you have paid up for a Youview service directly with EE. Not sure if EE have a contract with Youview? Only the free standard channels. If anyone else on forum can add more help/confirmation, please help Northnorfolk. 
    The Talktalk button only works with Talktalk service provider, same as the BT models with BT Button. Sometimes the allocated button doesn't do anything. I would try the maintenance mode options (all can be found via search "maintenance modes" at top of screen - follow the instructions) to reset box to load correct software for ISP.
    Let the forum know how you get on.John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭
    How can I get my taltalk tv box to work through my EE network ? I need to get into the setup but if I push the talktalk button on the remote I just get yvm102 code. I can get all the normal channels but can’t get any of the free channels that I could through talktalk. Not using talktalk as they don’t operate in this area....
    You can’t. The TalkTalk Boost channels are only available while you have TalkTalk as your ISP.

As you have switched to EE, you can now only get the standard services. But the TalkTalk YouView box should still work, for these internet services, over EE, just as the Freeview channels still work, coming over you aerial.

However, YVM102 means that you don’t have an internet connection at all, and connecting to EE should still bring you all the standard players, like the BBC IPlayer, etc.

I presume that, as before with TalkTalk, you have EE as a landline broadband provider, they have given (or sold) you a new router to use with their service, and you have this wired to your YouView box, either directly with an Ethernet cable, or over PowerLine Adaptors?

If not, you need to get this set up.

If you have, or you do this and it still doesn’t work, then while not recording or about to, press and hold the On/Standby button on the YouView box for just over 8 seconds, until it reboots. You won’t lose any settings, tunings or recordings.

But you may find afterwards that you can now connect to EE, don’t get YVM102, and can watch (say) the BBC iPlayer, and indeed all the other players.

So please report back success or failure from working through the above; and if it is still failure, we can see what else you can try.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one