DTR-T2000 - Keeps losing all channels

Hello all,

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help me with this issue. I bought a DTR T2000 retail model about 6 months ago to replaced Sky and its great. Unfortunately, every 4 weeks or so I lose all signal and can't pick up any channels. Signal and picture quality is good when it is working but then it will just randomly boot from standby with no signal at all. Sometimes it will come back after one retune, other times it can be several days and multiple attempts before I get any channels back.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? At this rate I will be going back to sky :(

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 661 ✭✭
    edited 9 January 2020, 10:22AM
    Good morning bigfootisblurry,
    Welcome to forum. Don't waste your money with Sky (my personal view only). Just needs a bit of patience & everything will get resolved. Have you lived at the property for a while: i.e. did freeview work ok before Youview fitted? The first thing you need to do is check your aerial quality basics. Often overlooked before anything else. Connect your aerial feed directly to tv's own built in tuner. Go into signal strength menu. Hopefully signal quality/strength is at least 75% to 100%, hopefully more near to 100%. If this proves ok, then check your Youview pvr setup. You can check signal via menu setting. I would then UNPLUG aerial feed & retune to get NIl channels. This clears channel memory & then REPLUG in aerial feed/retune again & hopefully will receive channels back. You can also do this later on with tv's tuner if needed.

Also worth checking your local transmitter for engineering & problems. Some channels are affected by changeover, especially BBC New on HD 107 (com7/8 channel multiplex) The other factor is are you using an aerial booster? We use several in our home & this will boost signal in some cases. If still a problem, you will need to check your aerial + cables etc for wear & tear. 

Hopefully I have given you some help. Let the forum know how you get on/if you need more help. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,651 admin
    Hi @bigfootisblurry
    Welcome to the forum :)
    Can you please enter your details in the checker section on the Freeview website and let us know which transmitter you are tuned to?
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Thank you both for your replies. Apologies I went AWOL , I have been moving home.

However, my problem still persists in the new house. I go from 90+ signal strength and quality on all channels to double zero on all randomly. As I've mentioned, a retune works eventually but it can take several attempts. Retuning returns zero channels until it returns all of them if that makes sense, there's no middle ground. This is consistent across both houses and aeriels which makes me feel like it's a box issue.

I'll update my location info shortly.

• I'm connected to bilsdale
    Hi bigfootisblurry, 
    Welcome to the forum. Just a quick question. Do you by any chance use Freesat? Might be interference from this or something else near your tv. I know that on one of our tv setup, Freesat when booting up lowers BBC107 signal, but increases when turned off. I found by adjusting the tv settings on Freesat from 1080p to 1080i reduced the problem + also reducing some interference coming maybe from hdmi cable.

The other thing is maybe an aerial booster amp could help. Worth a try/often overlooked. As I have mentioned many times in past forum, we use several in our home around the house. Makes a difference. Do your neighbours get the same problem? Be interested to hear how you get on.  John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • No, I don't use Freesat so don't think that is the issue.

The factory reset seems to have worked for now, I've had no issues for a good while.

Thanks all for your help.
    Hi bigfootisblurry,
    Glad you were able to receive your channels again. Hopefully this has fixed problem for now. John L