tp-link for humax

stoptapstoptap Member Posts: 1
i want to get wif on my humax so i can  access catch up TV. but my PC is in the bedroom ,and my TV is in the lounge. so i have tp-link kit. av600 2 port pass through power line.
but to be honest i am not sure how it all works. can you please explain.  the tp-link by-the way,
was given to me by a friend.

hope you can help.

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 563 ✭✭
    edited 12 January 2020, 5:39PM
    Hi stoptap, welcome to the Youview forum.
    Without sounding rude in any way, read the instructions is the best advice (!). That's how I learnt to set mine up. It's a simple procedure, but it's getting the setup right/you learn from practice, sometimes they need repairing when they lose connection during use. Once you know how to set up first time, easy to fix if needed later on.

They work on using your mains ring main circuit, rather the same idea as broadband using the telephone line in your home. The TPLink website, is a very good place to find information. The Powerline adaptors are simply plugged into a mains socket near to where you have the device: Youview box. You then plug another one in near to your router. To make them work correctly you have to pair them up with each other. Trust I have given you some idea. All the models should work in the same way. Full details on TPLink website or with instructions included in your box.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 305
    edited 13 January 2020, 1:15AM
    Dead simple

Plug 1 of the adapters into a socket by your router 

Attach one end of an ethernet cable to the back of your router the other end plugs into the adapter. 

Go upstairs and plug the other adapter into a socket near to your device 

Then same process as before ,one end of the ethernet in the socket ,other in the device. 

Switch on the downstairs socket first then quickly followed by the bedroom socket 

Bingo.
    Ignore this if you disagree.