Youview app

brian293brian293 Member Posts: 1
Sending record from phone app not registering on youview box since upgrade 

Comments

• SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,549 admin
    Hi @brian293
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    Can you please let us know your YouView box model and the software version it's running on? You can find this by pressing Help and then Info on your remote control. It'd also be useful to know the phone model you are using. 
    By upgrade, do you mean a software update or changing your phone?
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • PB54PB54 Member Posts: 3
    edited 1 February 2020, 11:40AM

T2100

I have this issue too. YouView iOS app was working fine. Updated the YouView box. Then any recording sent to the box from the YouView iOS app would just sit in Pending and never get to the box.

Now just getting YVM5004 error

Have tried all sorts of advise from YouView inc factory reset, reinstall app, restart router, disconnect app and reconnect app from box, tried on wifi and 4G, in the house and at work ....
    Been couple of days now.

Both iPhone and iPad
    BTTV app works but the interface is a dogs breakfast. Much prefer the cleaner, simpler and quicker YouView app. 

• Peter SharpPeter Sharp Member Posts: 8
    edited 2 February 2020, 9:37PM
    Same issue as well, with a DTR2100,. Version: CDS/32.41.0. Nothing has been sent to the box since it updated on Friday.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,549 admin
    Hi @brian293 @PB54 @Peter Sharp

We've made an announcement today regarding the future of the YouView app: https://support.youview.com/mobile-app/

We would recommend using the BT TV app to set recordings from now on if you have a BT TV subscription.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    Thanks,
    Sarah

• croftcroft Member Posts: 60
    Hi Sarah. 

What if I’m not a BT subscriber but bought your box in good faith to watch and use your app .....
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 555 ✭✭
    edited 4 February 2020, 5:35PM
    Hi Sarah,
    Just seen the news regarding the App. I don't use the Youview app much, but that is a great shame for users. If I wanted to continue using the App as a "nonsubscriber" i.e. I have 2 BT2100's boxes purchased independently from shops/non subscription & a Retail T2000 pvr, can I continue using App or do I have to consider changing to Freeview Play instead in future to keep up to date? I'm certainly not going to take out a subscription with BT/Talk Talk just to use the App function, but does seem rather a cost cutting exercise, especially for consumers purchasing Youview Retail boxes with the App advertised all over the box. I expect this is one feature that has tempted many users to purchase a Youview retail pvr? Would be interested to know status & also to answer question for anyone else in same situation. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 256 ✭✭
    How short sighted. One of the best features of YouView gone.
    I'm assuming the Talktalk Planner will also go.
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 555 ✭✭
    edited 4 February 2020, 6:37PM
    How short sighted. One of the best features of YouView gone.
    I'm assuming the Talktalk Planner will also go.
    I thought that was the main "selling point/product feature", especially when Youview are competing with Freeview Play & their Free App, unless another App comes along that is available on Google Playstore, but an alternative to the BT Tv App. I'm certainly not going to spend money just to get the App.
    I have used the App from time to time, it is indeed an excellent app. The only negative I have found is that you can't seem to "unrecord" a recording from the App schedule if you change your mind. The Data is not synchronised 100% with the Pvr. But the App is brilliant if you are away from home. They call this progress? What's next on the news front? John L  
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • croftcroft Member Posts: 60
    Seen this on YouView Facebook page. I’m just guessing it may be not to far from the truth what do we think........

My guess is the next number of days, YouView will say that BT now fully own it and support will stop supporting of all retail customers.
    Screen print from TalkTalk TV Planner

This has just been posted by an OCE on the TalkTalk forum, so there will be no options available other than the BT one, for which you need an account with them!

I don't know how removing this functionality can be said to meet their customer's needs!!!

Offical statement from our TV product manager below :

TalkTalk TV is an award-winning marketplace for great TV, combining over 80 top channels with all the best On Demand players and streaming services including Netflix and Prime Video. As part of our commitment to meet the evolving needs of our customers, the TalkTalk TV Planner App will be phased out by 31st March 2020.

After this change takes place customers can continue to enjoy flexible access to the very best entertainment, record TV shows and films, as well as watch BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and ALL 4 directly from their Set Top Box.

• Mal60011Mal60011 Member Posts: 2
    So, effectively, the YouView app no longer works with a TalkTalk subscription?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 June 2020, 7:49AM
    Mal60011 said:
    So, effectively, the YouView app no longer works with a TalkTalk subscription?
    @Mal60011

A curious backwater now, this thread, as far as the app is concerned.

The official announcement and follow-up is here:-

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7605674/important-information-regarding-the-mobile-app/p1

The up to date position regarding the app is:-

As above, YouView have removed their app, and the supporting infrastructure behind it, so it no longer works for anyone, anywhere.

The TalkTalk app was essentially the YouView app with a different skin, so that no longer works either.

BT have opened up some of the functionality of their BT TV app to non-subscribers, so we can all still set, and control to a certain extent, recordings, see what we have recorded, and see what we have scheduled.

This worked straight away for Humax YouView boxes, but required an update to TalkTalk Huawei boxes, which has now been rolled out.

So get the BT TV app, and see if you can pair with that.

The BT TV app, as far as non-subscribers to BT TV go:-
    doesn’t have any channels beyond 599, so no radio;
    has a generic EPG, not the copy of your personal EPG that the YouView app kept in sync with the paired box;
    doesn’t drill through to the catchup players like the YouView app did, which made it an almost perfect TV-on-the-go for any channel backed by a catchup app;
    may have other differences I haven’t covered.

But you can manage your recordings remotely just as well as, or possibly even a little better than, you could with the YouView and TalkTalk apps.
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against