No Series Record

NiggleNiggle Posts: 71Member
Hi,

For the past 2 or 3 weeks the series record option has stopped working on my T2100.  When pressing record on a program that's part of a series, the box asks whether to record the program or the series, but after selecting the series, only the single record icon is shown on the program, and only that one program is recorded.

Today I tried a Maintenence option 4 reset, but the problem persists.  Tried series record on this afternoon's The Voice, and tomorrow's Cold Feet, but both are only displaying the single record red icon.

Since an option 4 factory reset didn't help, I'm wondering if this is a more widespread issue with the broadcast data.  Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Nigel

Comments

• John LJohn L Posts: 426Member
    Welcome to the forum.
    Have you tried option 2? Option 4 is really a Usb/recovery option, not factory reset. Have another go, if still a problem, contact Youview customer services tomorrow morning. Please let the forum know how you get on. John L
  • NiggleNiggle Posts: 71Member
    John, thanks. I opted for option 4, thinking it was more extreme than option 2.  I'll give option 2 a whirl ... 
    Worth a try Niggle. Hopefully this resolve problem. Could be a bug in software somewhere. John L
    Unfortunately no joy after option 2 either.  Nigel
    edited 10 February 2020, 12:54PM
    Hi Niggle, thank you letting us know. Sorry it didn't work. I would contact Youview support team tomorrow morning for more advice. If you have a warranty, you might need to return box to retailer, unless this is via Subscription, then contact your ISP for help. Good luck! John L
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,423Administrator admin
    Hi @Niggle

Apologies for not getting to your post sooner. 

If you're still experiencing this problem on your box, can you please confirm the following info:
    • Box software version (press Help and then Info on your remote)
    • Examples of programmes you've not been able to set as a series recording including the Channel (including if it's HD, +1 etc) and programme name .
    • How much space is left on your box - this can be found in the bottom right corner of MyTV
    • After being set as a series recording, do future episodes appear in Scheduled Recordings and then not record or do they not appear at all after the first recording has taken place?
    Once we have a bit more info we can try this on our boxes here.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for digging into this.  Everything was working fine until about 3 weeks ago. The box is now running 3.6.168 component and 32.41.0 manufacturer SW, and we have ~35% free space.

After being set as a series recording, it behaves exactly as it would for a single program. The R icon is for a single recording (no shadowing), and once the first recording has been made (sucessfully), the scheduled recording no longer appears.

We only really record from HD and HD+1 channels, but it's become apparent in the last few days that series record doesn't always fail.  It seems to fail on BBC1 HD and ITV1 HD, but not Channel 4 HD.  However I'm not sure it's really that clear-cut, and I'll need to get back to you with specific examples of what works and what doesn't ...

Since I've tried Maintenance Mode 2 and 4, I'm amazed nobody else is seeing this.

Thanks,
    Nigel
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,423Administrator admin
    Hi @Niggle
    Thanks for the added detail for this.

Can you please attempt five software updates in a row on your box? You can do this through Settings > Software Information.

This will allow your box to stand out from all the others data wise so we can then pick it out and check the data it's been sending/receiving for recordings. Please let us know when you've done this so we know roughly what time to check for. 

If you have any further examples of this happening on your box please let us know. Examples including the time/date the recording was set along with the time & date of broadcast/programme name/channel would be particularly useful so we can check to see what the box data says about these events. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    edited 15 February 2020, 6:20PM
    Hi Sarah,

Ok, I've just made 5 SW update attempts, 17:26 today (Friday).

I was going to send you a few examples of programmes that fail.  Unfortunately I can't seem to set any recordings at all, series or one-shot.  Free space is still at around 30%.

I also can't delete any of the 4 or 5 scheduled recordings that are already set up.  These scheduled recordings also survive a maintenence reset (or get restored very quickly from the cloud?).

I've now got a PVR that's lost it's R  ;-)

Thanks,
    Nigel