Record series not offered on Sophy Ridge: The Take

meyou2meyou2 Member Posts: 31
Sophy Ridge: The Take is broadcast every Sunday at 09.30 on Sky News (233) but the box thinks it's a one-off and will only record a single episode. Record series isn't offered.

Can that be fixed please?

Comments

  • John LJohn L Member Posts: 489
    edited 9 February 2020, 6:21PM
    Hi meyou2,
    Welcome. The problem lies with Sky and the Crid data sent to the pvr. Sky need to update their their information correctly. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • meyou2meyou2 Member Posts: 31
    edited 9 February 2020, 7:54PM
    Yes, but I believe in the case of YouView the box gets the crid data from the YouView EPG, so irrespective of the original source of the bogus metadata, I think it's the responsibility of someone at YouView to get onto Sky's case about it and get it fixed.
  • John LJohn L Member Posts: 489
    edited 10 February 2020, 11:36AM
    meyou2 said:
    Yes, but I believe in the case of YouView the box gets the crid data from the YouView EPG, so irrespective of the original source of the bogus metadata, I think it's the responsibility of someone at YouView to get onto Sky's case about it and get it fixed.

    Well, Monday morning, the Youview customer services team are back. Let them know the error and they will hopefully report it to Sky. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • meyou2meyou2 Member Posts: 31
    Oh.  Have I misunderstood the point of this forum?  Do YouView staff not read this?
  • John LJohn L Member Posts: 489
    edited 9 February 2020, 9:38PM
    Hi there. Yes you are correct.  The forum is users exchanging tips and help. The paid staff at Youview work full time weekdays and they are the ones that need to investigate further for you. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • meyou2meyou2 Member Posts: 31
    Uh?  Well I didn't expect anyone at YouView to read it until Monday in any case, but what you say about the forum being only users and that it's correct that YouView staff don't read it doesn't look right to me.

    Are you saying that Sarah in the topic here, who writes "We don't have any plans to add a buffer to YouView devices", is not YouView staff?  'Cos she is using the royal "we" and sounding like she's staff.

    ?!?
  • John LJohn L Member Posts: 489
    Yes, Sarah works for Youview and sent out the message. Yes, it's confusing to new forum members. There should be a separate Website for customer services directly, but that's the way it's set up. Hope they can help you. John L

    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,471 admin
    Hiya,

    Just to clarify any confusion with this, myself and @Louise Murdoch monitor the forum to respond to queries and forward on feedback to other departments in YouView where necessary. We do not have a customer service team or a call centre. We have a Support Site where we house a large selection of help articles so users can use these for self-help without having to contact anyone else. 

    In regards to the issues you're experiencing @meyou2, this information is controlled by the content provider. It is their choice whether or not to make something a series recording, sometimes this can be intentional or it can be an odd mistake however we can check this with our Content team to find out. 

    I'll post back when I have any info to share :)

    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • meyou2meyou2 Member Posts: 31
    Just to clarify any confusion with this, myself and @Louise Murdoch monitor the forum to respond to queries and forward on feedback to other departments in YouView where necessary. We do not have a customer service team or a call centre.
    Hi Sarah, yes that's what I'd thought from reading the forum before I posted.  I was thrown by the suggestion that I should let the Youview customer services team know of the error...
    In regards to the issues you're experiencing @meyou2, this information is controlled by the content provider. It is their choice whether or not to make something a series recording, sometimes this can be intentional or it can be an odd mistake however we can check this with our Content team to find out.
    I think it really must be a mistake as in Sophy Ridge: The Take she discusses, with other journalists, the interviews with politicians she just did in Sophy Ridge on Sunday, broadcast immediately before it, which is series recordable.  So it'd be very strange for Sky to choose to make on Sunday series recordable and The Take not.

    But in any case, thanks, and I await to hear ... :)



  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,471 admin
    meyou2 said:
    Just to clarify any confusion with this, myself and @Louise Murdoch monitor the forum to respond to queries and forward on feedback to other departments in YouView where necessary. We do not have a customer service team or a call centre.
    Hi Sarah, yes that's what I'd thought from reading the forum before I posted.  I was thrown by the suggestion that I should let the Youview customer services team know of the error...
    In regards to the issues you're experiencing @meyou2, this information is controlled by the content provider. It is their choice whether or not to make something a series recording, sometimes this can be intentional or it can be an odd mistake however we can check this with our Content team to find out.
    I think it really must be a mistake as in Sophy Ridge: The Take she discusses, with other journalists, the interviews with politicians she just did in Sophy Ridge on Sunday, broadcast immediately before it, which is series recordable.  So it'd be very strange for Sky to choose to make on Sunday series recordable and The Take not.

    But in any case, thanks, and I await to hear ... :)



    Hi @me2you
    Our Content team checked on this for us and this is the intended behaviour that Sky have implemented for this programme. Sophy Ridge: The Take has not been given a series ID so it's not possible to set it up as a series recording. This would be the same case for all other Freeview recordable devices. 
    We would suggest that you contact Sky directly to encourage them to implement a series ID for this programme so that you don't have to set each episode individually. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • meyou2meyou2 Member Posts: 31
    Sarah said:
    Hi @me2you
    Our Content team checked on this for us and this is the intended behaviour that Sky have implemented for this programme. Sophy Ridge: The Take has not been given a series ID so it's not possible to set it up as a series recording. This would be the same case for all other Freeview recordable devices. 
    We would suggest that you contact Sky directly to encourage them to implement a series ID for this programme so that you don't have to set each episode individually. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

    Sorry, but just to be clear, are you saying that your content team has contacted Sky and Sky have confirmed to them that the lack of series ID on it is a purposeful policy decision on their part for the programme?

    Or are you saying, more simply, that your content team has looked at the crid and confirmed that it doesn't have a series ID, but haven't actually contacted Sky to find out if that's on purpose or an oversight/cockup?  :)
  • John LJohn L Member Posts: 489
    meyou2 said:
    Sarah said:
    Hi @me2you
    Our Content team checked on this for us and this is the intended behaviour that Sky have implemented for this programme. Sophy Ridge: The Take has not been given a series ID so it's not possible to set it up as a series recording. This would be the same case for all other Freeview recordable devices. 
    We would suggest that you contact Sky directly to encourage them to implement a series ID for this programme so that you don't have to set each episode individually. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

    Sorry, but just to be clear, are you saying that your content team has contacted Sky and Sky have confirmed to them that the lack of series ID on it is a purposeful policy decision on their part for the programme?

    Or are you saying, more simply, that your content team has looked at the crid and confirmed that it doesn't have a series ID, but haven't actually contacted Sky to find out if that's on purpose or an oversight/cockup?  :)

    Hi meyou2,
    I think Option 2. The way I read Sarah's reply is that you have to contact Sky (you need to do the contacting) as Youview no longer have a Customer services dept. Appreciate Youview are busy, but does seem an oversight when users need help. Don't worry, I'm having the same problem with Freesat over a TV recording CRID issue. I seem to be doing all the testing/ work myself! I wonder if they have any job vacancies . . .  Good luck with Sky! John L

    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • meyou2meyou2 Member Posts: 31
    Hi @Sarah, I would appreciate an answer to my question above.
    Thanks :smile:
Sign In or Register to comment.