EE becomes exclusive mobile partner for BRITBOX

VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
EE which is owned by BT, will be offering 6 months free Britbox inclusion from 31st March via a wide range of Smart TVs, as well as streaming devices including Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Google Chromecast. 

https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-becomes-exclusive-mobile-partner-for-britbox-and-offers-customers-six-months-subscription-with-inclusive-data/
I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 328
    Hmmm and that widens Britbox's appeal how?
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:

You don't think being given it free for six months would encourage someone to try it?
    No. 
    Unlike Netflix and the soon to be launched Disney, Brit box content is mostly available on iplayer. I can see its appeal in north America but not here.
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 603 ✭✭
    edited 12 February 2020, 11:30AM
    scott said:
    kodikid said:

You don't think being given it free for six months would encourage someone to try it?

I'm trying to work out what the £220 gives you after the 6 months. £5.99 X 6 equals approx. £36? Unless they mean extra gold plated features or part of their line rental/broadband service? John L 

Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    John L said:
    scott said:
    kodikid said:

I'm trying to work out what the £220 gives you after the 6 months. £5.99 X 6 equals approx. £36? Unless they mean extra gold plated features or part of their line rental/broadband service? John L 

You might need to re-read -

BritBox is the latest addition to Entertainment on EE – pay monthly mobile customers receive subscriptions for BT Sport, Apple Music, Apple News+ and MTV Play with up to six months of access for free – worth up to £220

edited 12 February 2020, 12:32PM
    kodikid said:
    No. 
    Unlike Netflix and the soon to be launched Disney, Brit box content is mostly available on iplayer. I can see its appeal in north America but not here.

@kodikid

I don't think the bulk of Britbox content (90% ITV owned/ 10% BBC owned + other content) would be available on iPlayer. I have yet to see a single ITV programme on the iPlayer, maybe you have a different iPlayer version to me because I thought iPlayer was BBC only and only had content up to 1 year old (I think the BBC has been making content for more than a year but happy to stand corrected).

90% ITV owned
    I rest my case😁
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    @kodikid
    As of 2019 EE is the largest mobile network operator in the UK, with around 32 million customers. They are going to offer 6 months free Britbox at no extra cost to existing (and new) customers. Thats going to appeal to a fair portion of those 32m. I don't see whats not to like.
    It's a pity that BT (EE owner) can't be so generous towards youview retail. 
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 February 2020, 11:22PM
    kodikid said:
    It's a pity that BT (EE owner) can't be so generous towards youview retail. 

Ah... so you something for nothing... don't we all... a LOL comment to be sure.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 370 ✭✭
    edited 12 February 2020, 11:52PM
    I'm not with EE but with o2 for my mobile and have been for years as well as BT for fibre and BT TV. Anyway I don't seem to be interested in Britbox and seem more interested in the new Disney + service when it comes to add to Netflix that I share the monthly fee with my sister and Amazon Prime that includes Prime Video.

Darren