Thinking of moving from Virgin Media to BT Ultra HD YouView Box UHD DTR-T4000

Evening all,
Having looked at how much I'm paying for not using a phone line, bband and TV, I'm considering just paying for Broadband and getting a Youview box, the BT Ultra one seems very well reviewed, are there any others I should look at? From looking at everything I record/watch 99% is available on YouView.

Big question I can't seem to get full clarity on is around series links. With the Tivo, I can set a series link for, say Doctor Who. Every year it records all the new episodes as they come out.

Can I do the same with YouView?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Comments

• DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure bt broadband requires a phone line
  • kitenskikitenski Member Posts: 4
    I'd get Virgin Media Business broadband that doesn't require a phoneline,
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 328
    edited 13 February 2020, 10:34PM
    For the price there is no better box then the 4k T4000. At the moment it has no equal in the extremely limited retail pvr market. After 2 or 3 sub free months it would have paid for itself. 
    Obviously it's not on a par with TiVo or Sky Q and while it does have a series link it to my knowledge it will not do what you require. 
    Sadly your about to join when youview retail is losing one of it's best features, the ability to program through your mobile. Worth considering if that's important to you.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    Bt customers Retained the ability to remote record. 
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 836 ✭✭✭
    Daniel said:
    Bt customers Retained the ability to remote record. 
    Only if you're subscribed to a BT TV package!

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
    edited 13 February 2020, 11:36PM
    Daniel the OP did say they only wanted broadband and a box, so surmising they are not interested in subscription tv.
  • kitenskikitenski Member Posts: 4
    kodikid said:
    For the price there is no better box then the 4k T4000. At the moment it has no equal in the extremely limited retail pvr market. After 2 or 3 sub free months it would have paid for itself. 
    Obviously it's not on a par with TiVo or Sky Q and while it does have a series link it to my knowledge it will not do what you require. 
    Sadly your about to join when youview retail is losing one of it's best features, the ability to program through your mobile. Worth considering if that's important to you.
    Thanks, do you know how the series link works?
    When you identify a program you wish to record simply press (sadly the worst feature of youview is the remote) the red R button and you will be given the option of recording that peculiar episode or the whole series. It is simplicity epitomised.