Which replacement remote for DTR-T2000?

amiami Member Posts: 1
edited 14 February 2020, 3:08PM in Support
Please help! My remote stopped working (the buttons I used most stopped working) and I purchased what I thought was a genuine replacement from Ebay... it's actually a fake and has now stopped working, with the exception of a few buttons.
Which remote should I purchase?
Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• redchizredchiz Member Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭
    Hi ami and welcome.  The perils of eBay, I hope you have opened a case with them. 

Your safest bet would be to go direct to Humax: https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/vip/humax-rm-i03um-youview-remote.html

Alternatively, you could try Amazon. 
  • John LJohn L Member Posts: 497
    ami said:
    Please help! My remote stopped working (the buttons I used most stopped working) and I purchased what I thought was a genuine replacement from Ebay... it's actually a fake and has now stopped working, with the exception of a few buttons.
    Which remote should I purchase?
    Thanks in advance :-)
    I would contact the Seller/ plus also contact EBay UK, who have a 100% guarantee money back if not happy. I sell on EBay for a living, so know the eBay system. There are cheaper remotes out there on eBay that do work, but maybe cheaper in materials. Should be able to purchase a new clone one for under £10. Please let us know how you get on. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • jimbjimb Member Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    Opinions vary about remotes but I think the BT one is superb. 
    The central cluster of buttons takes a bit of getting used to, but these and the buttons just below them are the things you use all the time. 

It works on the T2000. 
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283747315102
    £9
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 160
    The BT remote may be many things but it's certainly not superb, it doesn't matter how familiar you are with it the buttons are too small and packed too close together,  it's the bane of my life.
  • jimbjimb Member Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    The BT remote may be many things but it's certainly not superb, it doesn't matter how familiar you are with it the buttons are too small and packed too close together,  it's the bane of my life.
    Quite a few people would agree with you.
    But not me.
    Maybe you have large fingers and mine are more like Trump's - who knows?
    As I said "Opinions vary about remotes"  :p 

• Rob PRob P Member Posts: 59
    Another vote for the BT remote; I also hated it to begin with for the same reasons of the central buttons being too small, feeling like a bad layout and always hitting the wrong one but for me, it didn't take long to get used to it and not to even have to look.

I also have the Humax remote on another box and that to me feels awkward with the playback buttons being too high up, it doesn't sit right for me.

Final point in BT remote's favour is that the volume control operates the TV without having to switch mode whereas the Humax one requires me to switch between TV/PVR modes for this which is a pain in the backside.
  • redchizredchiz Member Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭
    Hey @ami, well, you have been bombarded with suggestions and opinions! Have you decided what to do?